Carriero/Pacella Marriage from Avigliano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
maestra36
Master
Master

Carriero/Pacella Marriage from Avigliano

Postby maestra36 » 04 Nov 2010, 15:00

I am looking for a copy of an Avigliano marriage record for Donato Carriero, born about 1867, to Maria Pacella born about 1868 (she was probably born in S. Ilario, Atella). She was the daughter of Vincenzo Pacella and Domenica Maria Telesca. I know they had a child born sometime in 1889, and then children born after that, but I don't know if they had any earlier children.
Thanks
Peg

By the way, his name is misspelled and backwards on Ellis Island as Cassiero Donato.

pink67
Master
Master

Re: Carriero/Pacella Marriage from Avigliano

Postby pink67 » 04 Nov 2010, 16:53

marriage record for Donato Carriero, born about 1867, to Maria Pacella born about 1868 (she was probably born in S. Ilario, Atella).

I think their correct names were Donatantonio Carriero and Maria Lucia Pacella...

1916 arrival manifest:

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023

Laura

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Carriero/Pacella Marriage from Avigliano

Postby maestra36 » 04 Nov 2010, 17:22

Thanks for finding that passenger list, Laura. The reason that I was looking for the Avigliano marriage record was to confirm the names of her parents. On the Nov 12, 1900 passenger list, Donato and Maria were going to his brother in law, Marco Pacella, on W. 39th Street in Manhattan, so I assumed that Pacella was her maiden name. I am trying to determine if the names of her parents are definitely the ones I gave in my above post. I already have a marriage record for Marco Pacella and his wife, Maria Paradiso, from the Avigliano records, that suanj found for me a while ago. I am looking for any siblings he may have had. I want to be sure she is one of his siblings, so I need to verify her parents' names.

Thanks so much for your help.
Peg

Return to “Italian Genealogy”