sozio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
olspk

sozio

Post by olspk »

I am trying to find the Sozio line. My grandfather's name was Charles (Carlo) Sozio. From the stories I have heard, he fled Italy days before he was ordained. Apparently his brothers were all priests and his sister was to join a convent. He was born in 1884. Came to Canada around 1900 and settled in Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Finally Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada.

If anyone can help me in locating this family or can provide me with a place to start to look, I would appreciate any information.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: sozio

Post by ptimber »

Start at Canada Immigration www.collectionscanada.ca o2/02020204_e.html for his entry into Canada and when you get the town of origin then you can trace the family. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

In Italy all records are int he town of origin and military in the provincial capital. Please do no send e-mail and justpost here for continuity please. Peter
olspk

Post by olspk »

thanks for the tip. I hadn't used this before so I apolgize for the goof. :oops:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

noi goof just procedure. Peter
Magenta

Post by Magenta »

Ummm where to start... My fathers name was Anthony Charles Sozio my uncle was Charles Sozio. I live in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada. I "think" that you are refering to my Grandfather? I never knew him he died before I was born and my Grandmother when I was 9. My father and uncle have both passed away but I do still have an Aunt here in Thunder Bay, my fathers sister. I would really like to hear from you, email me at tasrfs@yahoo.com
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Did you try the canadian immigration website I gave you to locate him???? If not go to that website and look for his arrival into Canada. Peter
Magenta

Post by Magenta »

ptimber wrote:Did you try the canadian immigration website I gave you to locate him???? If not go to that website and look for his arrival into Canada. Peter
Im replying to the original message. I think Im the person they are looking for. Im a Sozio in Thunder Bay. :D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

ok I sent the person who made the inquiry a private message. Thank you for clearing things up. Peter
olspk

Post by olspk »

I went to the immigration site, but found nothing. Either I"m too stupid to figure it out. or something.
but thanks for the help
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You don't have to do anyhthing your possibly the person he is seeking!!!! Peter