De Bottis Family of Pietravairano/Naples

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

De Bottis Family of Pietravairano/Naples

Postby jdebottis » 17 Nov 2010, 13:10

I am following up our family history begun by my Aunt Angie. Our De Bottis family has a long history in Italy, and I would like to learn more about the De Bottis family of Pietravairano, Italy.

My great-great-grandfather, Antonion De Bottis, emigrated to America in 1882 with his family and mother. His father, Raffaele De Bottis had died a year earlier, and I know that his brother Francesco emigrated to America shortly thereafter, as did their sister Maria Rosa De Bottis.

Antonio De Bottis came to New York City, then to Ilion, NY, and then on to Port Byron, NY where he was the leader of an Italian crew that worked on the railroad. The family lived along the Erie Canal just outside of the Village of Port Byron and farmed land they purchased in the Italian colony there.

I have already researched LDS microfilm and have found many more De Bottis family members in Pietravariano. But, I am unable to find out any more information on Raffaele, or his father Nicolo De Bottis of Pietravairano. I am also trying to find out how our family is related to other famous Italian De Bottis'.

Any help forum members can give me will be greatly appreciated. Also, I will share all information I have on our family with others.

Thank you.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”