Looking for Pretes in Trevigno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
thegreypigeon

Looking for Pretes in Trevigno

Postby thegreypigeon » 18 Nov 2010, 17:48

I think my gggfather may have come from Trevigno. How can I find any more info ?

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Re: Looking for Pretes in Trevigno

Postby TriciaFierro » 18 Nov 2010, 19:51

Are you able to give us his first and last name, names of spouse, children, any birth or death dates/years, where he immigrated to? All of these details would be quite helpful in assisting you. thank you!
- Tricia
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti

thegreypigeon

Postby thegreypigeon » 18 Nov 2010, 22:55

I worked out from info that he - Francesco Prete was born in 1796. His son Giuseppe Prete was born in Conca Casale in 1837.
He married eleonora Matteo but their wedding record is not recorded in Isernia records.
I found a Francesco Prete born 1796 in Trevigno and was wondering if he lived here then moved when he married as all the rest are from Casale until Victor came to London in 1890

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Postby TriciaFierro » 18 Nov 2010, 23:05

I located a Francesco Antonio Prete born on 29 Feb 1796 to Domenico Nicola Prete and Domenico Di Stefano. Is it possible that he marriad an Anna Maggio? It is close phonetically to matteo. Could this be him?
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella

thegreypigeon

Postby thegreypigeon » 19 Nov 2010, 22:03

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes this is the one I was looking at as Francesco's son also has the middle name Antonio.
I will try to find out more about this area. Cheers.

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Postby TriciaFierro » 20 Nov 2010, 03:09

Great! Post anything new you find and if you need any assistance. everyone here is so helpful. Keep us updated on your search and best of luck :)

- Tricia
Tricia Fierro

Return to “Italian Genealogy”