The Reppucci and Giggi Families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SundayDinner

The Reppucci and Giggi Families

Postby SundayDinner » 01 Dec 2010, 22:16

i would LOVE for someone to help me as i cannot get any further.
my great great grandmother Carolina Giggi (b.@ 1866/Molise, IT) and
her husband Luigi Reppucci b.1861/Chiusano di san Domenico Avellino, IT) came over from the Genoa port of Italy into Boston, Ma. around 1897. i know that many Reppucci and Giggi's had arranged marriages and i was able to find most of the marriage records in Italian except for my gggrand parents :cry: ..... i had a membership on Ancestry, but my research only took me as far as that....
i would love to know more about my maternal great great grandmother (haplogroup W) but so far im only going in circles. i cant find a birth, marriage or even a death record for her and i live in the same area still (massachusetts). even more perplexing is she had three daughters, one being my ggrandmother who was the only one born in Mass. in 1899 and i cant even find her marriage record!!! but i have her sisters marriage records :roll: .... im begining to wonder what i am missing.....
Carolina Giggi-Reppucci's daughters:
Assunta b.1888/Italy ....married Patrick Alfrieri (now Alfred)
Margherita b.1892/Italy....married Michele DiFelice
and my great grandmother Michellina/Mae/Mary b.1899 in Boston, Ma. and she married Anthony Ruggilo..... just cant find the record, anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated

vj
Master
Master

Re: The Reppucci and Giggi Families

Postby vj » 01 Dec 2010, 23:47

SundayDinner wrote:... one being my ggrandmother who was the only one born in Mass. in 1899 and i cant even find her marriage record...
and my great grandmother Michellina/Mae/Mary b.1899 in Boston, Ma. and she married Anthony Ruggilo...

HI!
It appears that they were married abt 1921 in Suffolk County?

1930 census:
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4395/19300.jpg

Have you written away for their marriage record - online resources for MA only go up to 1915

Marriage
Event: Marriage (State)
Cost of copy: In person: $18.00, Mail request: $28.00
State Archives: $3.00

Address:
Registry of Vital Records and Statistics
150 Mount Vernon Street
1st Floor
Dorchester, MA 02125-3105

Remarks: Records since 1916.

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2termi ... id=Eeohhs2

princessbubbles_1
Veteran
Veteran

Postby princessbubbles_1 » 02 Dec 2010, 09:47

Hi, I'm not sure but hope that this can help with your search.
could only find these records.

http://www.familysearch.org

Mae RUGGILO
Birth Date: 8 Mar 1899
Death Date: Mar 1983
Social Security Number: 015-32-6536
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Massachusetts

Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 02150
Localities: Chelsea, Suffolk, Massachusetts

Anthony RUGGILO
Birth Date: 8 Dec 1892
Death Date: Nov 1968
Social Security Number: 030-03-5955
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Massachusetts

Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 02150
Localities: Chelsea, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Italy80

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 02 Dec 2010, 10:37

here the arrival of Assunta Reppucci age 7, Margherita Reppucci age 4,and Ataria(?) age 24(?) or 2 years and 4 months, with parents: Luigi Reppucci age 34 father, and Carolina GRECI mother( not Giggi) age 30:

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Margherita Reppucci
Name: Margherita Reppucci
Arrival Date: 7 Apr 1896
Birth Year: abt 1892
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian
Port of Departure: Genoa, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Kaiser Wilhelm II

final destination, Boston, MA
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6326 ... citrip.jpg
the family in 1900 census:
1900 United States Federal Census
about Luige Repucci Name: Luige Repucci
[Lucy Repacci]
Home in 1900: Boston Ward 6, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Birth Date: May 1866
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1897
Relationship to Head of House: Head
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's name: Lousia Repucci
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Spouse's name: Carolina Repucci
Marriage Year: 1888
Marital Status: Married
Years Married: 12
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Luige Repucci 34
Carolina Repucci 33
Asainta Repucci 12
Margarita Repucci 8
Michellina Repucci 1 ( born in MA on apr 1899)
Lousia Repucci 80
Angelo Sarno 19
Frank Cansolo 3

regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

SundayDinner

Postby SundayDinner » 02 Dec 2010, 20:34

VJ.... thank you very much for the 1930 census. i had actually seen it before while on ancestry.com, however this time i noticed some clues that i had overlooked before that could be a big help, like the age they (caroline and louis) were married ect...and i will get a copy of the marriage record for anthony and micki. thank you for the address...much appreciated! :wink:

prin.bubbles... thank you for that record as well.... the ss#s will be a big help retrieving the info. i need :D

suanj.....i was hoping i could catch your help with my family because i see you are in the molise region :D .... i did come across that record about a year ago and i got all excited because i noticed that the last name was written as Greci instead of Giggi....... thinking that i would get the answers i finally need.... but it wasnt Greci and she definately is a Giggi.... im just wondering if it was spelled differantly like Ghiggi, Giggia, Giglio or Gizzi (my friend who speaks italian said that it would be pronounced as Gizzi... is that true???) also, i looked up the Angelo Sarno on the list and to my surprise found out that in 1908 he married a serafina reppucci (her father was a luigi repucci also, but not mine...i think its his cousin) and angelo's mother is filomena giggi..... im thinking it was carolina's sister and that angelo came to boston to stay with his aunt.... it is confusing because of the arranged marriages with both families. With all of the info. that was available thru ancestry.com i still couldnt get any further as to knowing where carolina giggi was born, or even if her birth year is correct (i swear i remember my nana telling me a very long time ago that she was born in 1874, because i was born in 1974) would there be any reason that she would have to lie about her age? 8)
And my last question for you, how much would it cost to have you or someone look that information up for me in molise..... because i think thats what im going to have to do. i did recently make contact with another Giggi-Reppucci decendant in new york and he didnt get past his gggrandmothers name either (gaetana giggi and michele reppucci)... but that he had a family tree for the reppucci's that go all the way back to the vatican :D .... but that its lost in his father-in-laws attic 8O ...lol
i would love to get some help on this.....as i am lost now, but not ready to quit....i look forward to any help or direction on this and sincerely thank all of you for your insight... erica
surnames: Giggi, Reppucci, Ruggilo, Strati and Laurino
maternal (mtDNA) haplogroup W

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 02 Dec 2010, 21:22

I have many doubts abt Giggi surname( In Italy not exist almost currently)... yes it exist Gizzi as a well Gizi version... however I read GRECI on the ship's manifest, and the ship's manifest was made by passports...
just for to solve the mystery, abt Carolina maiden name spelling, you can try in LDS microfilms :
Registri dello stato civile di Chiusano di San Domenico (Avellino), 1809-1899 Chiusano di San Domenico (Avellino). Ufficio dello stato civile

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... hiusano+++

searching the marriage banner of Luigi and Carolina;
they married before of Assunta birth, so around 1886/7 or so, and in this microfilm
FHL INTL Film

in "Pubblicazioni 1866-1899 " y

ou will find the marriage banner where is wrote the Carolina maiden name and birthplace, as a well the parent's name...
after that it is possible to request the birth certificate..
all the best...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

SundayDinner

Postby SundayDinner » 04 Dec 2010, 16:58

suanj,
thank you so much for that info.
i did not know that the ships manifest was made by passport......
today i am going to look into those films and see what they hold :)
surnames: Giggi, Reppucci, Ruggilo, Strati and Laurino

maternal (mtDNA) haplogroup W

jrepucci

Postby jrepucci » 06 Mar 2011, 14:10

Maybe not your direct family, but a piece of the puzzle. Was searching for Reppucci in Chuisano and saw your post and its similarity to our family tree with the Giggi and Reppucci combo. Recognized Giggi from the tree! My husband's great grandfather is Generoso Reppucci and great grandmother is Gaetana Giggi. My husband and son have been putting Repucci information at this new genealogy site:

http://www.geni.com/people/Carlo-Reppuc ... 0119233352

Check it out.

Here's the line and some dates. Most of the family is in Boston area today. We are about to go to Italy to research more.

Carlo Reppucci
Birth: April 23, 1886
Chuisano D'Avellino, Avellino, Campania, Italia
Son of Generoso Reppucci and Gaetana Giggi Reppucci
Husband of Maria Rizzo Reppucci
Father of Ann Reppucci Giglio, Eleanor Reppucci Santoro, Anthony A. Repucci, John R. Repucci, Lucy Reppucci Salemme, Carmella Reppucci Elliot, Joseph Reppucci and Evelyn Reppucci (died in childhood)
Brother of Matthew Reppucci, Ida Reppucci, ? Reppucci and ? Reppucci

BTW, my father-in-law and his one brother dropped one "p" from Reppucci, that's how we have only one.

Okeeffe

Postby Okeeffe » 17 May 2011, 01:11

Dear Sunday Brunch,
My godmother (who is my mother's first counsin) recently learned that her grandmother Assunta's maiden name was Reppucci. She asked me to do some research since I recognized the Reppucci name from my mother's paternal genealogy. My research quickly led me to this site and your post regarding information on your ggrandmother Mae. As luck would have it, your ggreat grandmother Mae was the younger sister of my godmother's grandmother, Assunta Reppucci Alfieri (she was called Suzanne after she came to the US). My godmother, whose name is Diana Alfieri Annunziata, lives in Revere and says that she would love to talk to you because she knew your greatgrandmother very well and had some very fond memories of her (evidently, they used to play cards together for many years). If you would like to talk with her/and or meet her and get some first-hand memories on Mae please send me an email and I will give you Diana's contact information. She would also love to have more information on her grandmother's family because, as mentioned above, up until recently she knew very little about her grandmother due to her parent's divorce in the early 1940's (although her mother stayed in close contact with her exmother-in-law Assunta "Suzanne", she knew little about her origins and would love to know more). Please email me at okeeffie@gmail.com for more information. Interestingly, My mother's paternal grandmother came from Chiusano as well, and her mother, (my mother's greatgrandmother) was also named Reppucci. I look at the research I've been able to do on the Reppucci family and I found that your greatgreatgrandfather Luigi was the first cousin of my second great-grandmother, Carmella Reppucci DelloRusso. I have also visited Chiusano di San Domenico while I was living in Italy three years ago and I have some great pictures of the village. If you would like, I can send you what I have so you can see first hand what the place looks like. Please email when you get a chance and thanks for your post, you've made my godmother very happy!

reppuccibh

Postby reppuccibh » 09 Mar 2012, 22:31

Hi my name is Bruce Reppucci, my grandfather came from Chuisano as well, not exactly sure when he arrived in the US. His name was Giacomo Reppucci, the story is he came to the US/Boston with a cousin Michael..........never met any of that family, my grandfather was one of 2 boys in his family (the other died as an infant), so if related it's prior to my grandfather, curiosity abounds as his mothers name was Assunte. I still have 2 uncles living one is 90 the other 87 good gene's I guess, my father died in his 50's maybe not so good gene's.

Bruce Reppucci

Return to “Italian Genealogy”