Bruno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tzan
Rookie
Rookie

Bruno

Postby tzan » 05 Dec 2010, 21:50

I am looking for information on Frances or Francesca Bruno. She was born on January 10 1889 - Provencia Di Cosenza, Italy married Joseph Yanni in Seminole, PA. Her mother's name was Carmella. After having 5 children, Joseph Yannie died and she married Dominic Dolcemore (Dalcherone), she had 5 more children and died in Springdale, PA on October 3, 1936. Any info anyone can dig up would be appreciated, I am running into blanks. Thank you.

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Bruno

Postby nuccia » 06 Dec 2010, 06:41

Are you looking for records from the US or from Italy at this point? Was she born in Cosenza or in a Comune in Cosenza? There are several extractions already online for some towns in Cosenza.

Have you tried the Cosenza Archives yet?

Cosenza Exchange is another site you may want to try.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 09 Dec 2010, 16:14

I am looking for information on Frances or Francesca Bruno. She was born on January 10 1889 - Provencia Di Cosenza, Italy

Looks like she was born in San Pietro in Amantea - Cosenza Province - Calabria region on 11 september 1888, at least this is what Domenico Dolceamore stated in his petition for the U.S. Naturalization:

from Ancestry.com:

Selected U.S. Naturalization Records - Original Documents, 1790-1974 (World Archives Project)
about Domenico Dolcemore
Name: Domenico Dolcemore
State: Pennsylvania
Court Type: District Court
Court Location: Western District, Pennsylvania
Naturalization Record Type: Petition for Naturalization
Naturalization Record Number: 75244
Roll Description: (Roll 399) Petitions 75001-75400
Archive: National Archives, Washington, D.C.
Collection Title: Naturalization Petitions of the U.S. District Court, 1820-1930, and Circuit Court, 1820-1911, for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Archive Series: M1537
Archive Roll: 399

image:
http://postimage.org/image/1v7yucnwk/

page 1:
http://postimage.org/image/1v9szujno/

Laura

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 09 Dec 2010, 16:17

See this other thread for reference, Laura-

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 19750.html

Peg

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 09 Dec 2010, 16:28

Thank you Peg :D

tzan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tzan » 09 Dec 2010, 16:55

THank you both. I don't see her birthday anywhere as being in September, I do have it as Jan. 10 (same day as my BD). They are such as mystery. I can trace her back to her father, can't find her mother, I know she had a brother Joseph and a sister Minnie, both lived her in the US, can't find records of them. I can go all around that family except for that one block. I cannot locate anything on Dominic Dolcemore other than his War registration and naturalization papers. I also cannot locate anything other than the census report on Frances first husband Joseph Yanni. I have been working on this for years.

Bighippo

Postby Bighippo » 10 Jan 2011, 06:04

I am a Dalcherone! My Name is Chris and my Great Grandfather was Dominic Dalcherone formally Domieco Dolcemore. I know that at least 2 of Frances Bruno and Dominic Dalcherone Children survived. My grandfather was John Dalcherone - He had two sons named Raymond Dalcherone, my father and Robert Dalcerone who later changed his last name to White.
Their son was Victor Dalcherone - he was a sxophone player in PA and married I believe a woman named Florence. They had only daughters so the name did not carry on. Hope this helps! I did not have any brothers only a sister. I currently have 2 children - son and daughter.

tzan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tzan » 12 Jan 2011, 01:26

I have goosebumps. Can it really be that I have finally found a relative.
I don't think anyone in this family ever knew that grandpap Dominec had brothers. Where do you live now? I have so many questions? Uncle Vic and Aunt Florence are now gone, which I am sure you knew. Who had daughters? That confused me. Can you e-maill me direct please. Thank
you so much for posting. e-mail me at wall_illusions@yahoo.com

Return to “Italian Genealogy”