Savocas from Castiglione di Sicilia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
OmertaSiciliana

Savocas from Castiglione di Sicilia

Post by OmertaSiciliana »

We're looking for Savocas from Castiglione, Sicily. Savoca is the most common last name there, but if ANYONE at all knows of any Savocas, please contact!

My great grandfather Vincenzo Savoca married Maria Farfaglia. He came to America in 1913, his father was Giovanni. Anyone see any possible relations? :oops: :wink:
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Savocas from Castiglione di Sicilia

Post by ptimber »

There are numerous Castiglione towns and villages in Sicily followed by another name so do you happen to know tghe full name or at least the province your family came from in Sicily?? Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

OmertaSiciliana wrote:We're looking for Savocas from Castiglione, Sicily. Savoca is the most common last name there, but if ANYONE at all knows of any Savocas, please contact!

My great grandfather Vincenzo Savoca married Maria Farfaglia. He came to America in 1913, his father was Giovanni. Anyone see any possible relations? :oops: :wink:
The Savoca coming from Castiglione di Sicilia exact complete name town(in Catania province)..this are Savoca living:
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... ia&x=0&y=0
regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is a Vincenzo Savoca who residesd in Castiglione FRAZIONE in RAGUSA. Go to www.paginebianche.it. Peter
OmertaSiciliana

Post by OmertaSiciliana »

Thanks so much everyone! Yeah, it was Castiglione di Sicilia, in Catania. Thanks for those websites! They were a lot of help. :D
Nemo089

Post by Nemo089 »

OmertaSiciliana

Hi, I just joined, this is my first time here. My name is Dan Farfaglia and I live in Upstate New York. I came across my last name here and decided to see if I had any distant relatives online. My family also came from Castiglione Sicily. Isodore (Theodore) Farfaglia was my Great-Grandfather. His sister's name was Carmela Farfaglia Marino. Their Father's name was Concetto Farfaglia. That is all I know. I am anxious to learn more if anyone can assist me. Feel free to write to me at Nemo089@yahoo.com. Thnaks...Dan
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Please post in a fresh posting so that you are not confused with the other and in the interim re-read everything so that you will know what websites to look at before re-posting. For starters go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surname in the first line and the town of Castiglione in the third line and click and you will see there are several towns with the name Castiglione as part of the town name...which is the toewn of origin that relates to your family???? Peter