DelZoppo family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
NJJim

DelZoppo family

Postby NJJim » 10 Dec 2010, 18:30

I am looking for information about the DEL Zoppo family who lived in
Vimercate in the mid 1940's. One name was Camillo.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: DelZoppo family

Postby johnnyonthespot » 10 Dec 2010, 21:28

The 1940's are somewhat recent as things go around here and it is not easy to get information as most of it will still be covered by privacy laws.

As you can see from this map http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/gen ... EL%20ZOPPO the name Del Zoppo is somewhat rare in modern Italy, a fact which is an advantage in research.

From the current Italian telephone directory, we see that there are just five Del Zoppo's listed within roughly 10 miles of Vimercate (see http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... =Vimercate ). You may want to try contacting these people and see what turns up.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 10 Dec 2010, 21:40

Do you have any further information available? Names and birth years, for example?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

NJJim

Postby NJJim » 12 Dec 2010, 03:01

Camillo had two known children, Luce and Ugo. Camillo was born 10/6/1890..possibly in Poggiofiorito. He may have been living in Genoa in 1946-47. I think Camillo's wife's name was Egli Giandi..probably from Genoa. The fsamily was in Vimacarte in 1920-1928 period.

sandreassi

Postby sandreassi » 06 Jun 2011, 02:58

Hello,
I am working on a large database from Villarelli, now Poggiofiorito. I looked up Camillo DelZoppo in 1890 and did not find a birth record. However, Camillo IS very much a DelZoppo name so it looks like you are on the right tract with him being from Poggiofiorito....

Return to “Italian Genealogy”