Biological Father and family of biological father

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Mariposa

Biological Father and family of biological father

Postby Mariposa » 11 Dec 2010, 13:30

Hello I'm a new user and as yet have not posted anything as I've been finding out so much useful information from this site - it is amazing!

My problem is rather a delicate matter but here goes - at the sprightly age of 50 I have just discovered that my father was Italian. I have his name and where he came from. I have searched in the pagine bianche (thanks to this site) and found 1 man by this name in the town where he came from. I have written twice (first time iin October) asking if this gentleman knew my mother and explaining I am her daughter and that I have some information he may find interesting.

So far no reply! I have also written to the Ufficio d'anagrafe as per info from this site too but as yet no reply. I have also searched and found 12 other people by the name of Giuseppe Simonetti in the Puglia region - the man I have written to is from Lecce. Of course I do not know if this is for sure the relevant person but even if this man is not interested I am keen to know whethere I have any half siblings.

Please could anyone advise as how to prceed further? Thank you.

O

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Biological Father and family of biological father

Postby PeterTimber » 11 Dec 2010, 14:56

Well you might be able to request a Certificato di Stato di Famiglia which will show the date and place of birth of each family member.

Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html

I assume you know the town and the address of the Ufficio di Stato di Famiglia. There may be a charge for this document(?) =Peter=
~Peter~

Mariposa

Postby Mariposa » 11 Dec 2010, 15:25

Hi Peter

Thank you for your reply.

Not sure of the address of the Ufficio di Stato di Famiglia. Would it be the same address as the Ufficio Anagrafe - all I had for this address was Comune di Lecce, Lecce, Puglia. Would this be correct.

Thank you for any help.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 11 Dec 2010, 17:55

Yes it is..go to www.tuttitalia.it/puglia/42-lecce and locate the address under MUNICIPIO. This portionof the website is the adminstrative end and the blue www to the right leads you to the tourist side.

If you wish you can send an e-mail requesting the family certificate at
"certificati.anagrafe@comune.lecce.it" =Peter=
~Peter~

Mariposa

Postby Mariposa » 11 Dec 2010, 19:03

Thank you very much for your assistance - I will try the e-mail approach and my endeavour to use my rusty Italian!

Regards

Return to “Italian Genealogy”