Comune says "No Records Found"

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
OmertaSiciliana

Re: Comune says "No Records Found"

Post by OmertaSiciliana »

BRINI, you wrote that her name was Antonina. Very often, with my research too, names like Antonina can be different on the records. Try searching Antonia, Antoinette, and other similar first names. That was my biggest problem when researching and I found a lot under other names. It's worth a try, I suggest searching Antonia. Good luck :)
Brini

Post by Brini »

suanj, your information has been helpful in perhpas correcting the spelling of my great grandma's maiden name. Thanks.

I still find Essgee's insight interesting. Can anyone reccomend how I would go about confirming (or disproving) whether or not Casteldaccia's records were damaged? Will the Comune be able to provide that information?

Also, is there any way to inquire if her baptismal records are in any of the local churches?

I will try to send another request to the Comune using some of the spelling variations suggested in these posts.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Brini wrote:suanj, your information has been helpful in perhpas correcting the spelling of my great grandma's maiden name. Thanks.

I still find Essgee's insight interesting. Can anyone reccomend how I would go about confirming (or disproving) whether or not Casteldaccia's records were damaged? Will the Comune be able to provide that information?

Also, is there any way to inquire if her baptismal records are in any of the local churches?

I will try to send another request to the Comune using some of the spelling variations suggested in these posts.
Hi Brini, I council:
-the first name are Antonina( in Sicily this original Antonia diminutive is really first name, and in the registries are wrote Antonina very probable)..
-search in the New Orleans marriage acts are on line in years interested..and you sure to descover others info...
-search in passenger arrival in New Orleans 1870/1904 are free on line, also others info are possible to found..on ellis not are info on Antonina
-to think possible that Antonina coming from casteldaccia, but born in Common near Casteldaccia, and for this are necessary read ship's manifest...
-when controlled this info and you really sure on all data, you write to Common newly..
More: insert your message ancestor search in Casteldaccia common forum, hoping an reply from someone Casteldaccia's person..
http://www.messenia.com/comuni/comune/I ... sp?com=347
1° box: Inviato da= your name
3° box: Stato di residenza=USA
4° box: Residenza attuale= country
5° box:email= email
6° box: Indirizzo Web= website (if you've)
7° box: Messaggio inviato a= ai cittadini di casteldaccia( all people of Casteldaccia)
8° box: Messaggio=message( txt: Sono un cittadino statunitense di origini italiane. La mia bisnonna Antonina Calo (o Calò), figlia di Francesco e Marianna Aiello, era nata a Casteldaccia il 15 Agosto 1884 e emigrò a New Orleans in Louisiana verso il 1900, dove sposò Leonardo Samperi anch'egli italiano emigrato da Mezzojuso. Ho scritto al Comune di Casteldaccia, ottenendone risposta negativa, ma io sono certo che Antonina Calo(o Calò o cognome simile) era nata a Casteldaccia, come ha dichiarato nella" dichiarazione di intenzione" in USA. Può qualcuno di Casteldaccia aiutarmi a trovare le origini di Antonina ?.. Grazie, spero in una risposta."
hoping...regards, suanj
Brini

Post by Brini »

Thanks so much, suanj!

You mentioned in your last post to "search in passenger arrival in New Orleans 1870/1904 are free on line." I have looked extensively for an onlien list for arrivals into New Orleans between those dates and haven't found anything. Can you get me a link for an online database for those dates if one exists? THANKS!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Brini wrote:Thanks so much, suanj!

You mentioned in your last post to "search in passenger arrival in New Orleans 1870/1904 are free on line." I have looked extensively for an onlien list for arrivals into New Orleans between those dates and haven't found anything. Can you get me a link for an online database for those dates if one exists? THANKS!
Hi Brini, I not found, but in an my previous search I've found..! sorry not remember URl..
in this moment are only this URL..(not database, but ship's manifest)
http://www.cyndislist.com/portsentry.htm#NewOrleans
More:Italian Records in Louisiana
http://www.vivelacajun.com/Genealogy%20 ... ources.htm

AMERICAN ITALIAN RENAISSANCE FOUNDATION
Covers Italian immigration to Louisiana from 1827 to 1906 mainly through the Port of New Orleans.

Send Requests To
537 South Peters Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Send a stamped self addressed envelope for information.

If I found the URL (hoping) I send you, suanj
vineviz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vineviz »

Brini wrote: I still find Essgee's insight interesting. Can anyone reccomend how I would go about confirming (or disproving) whether or not Casteldaccia's records were damaged? Will the Comune be able to provide that information?
They should certainly know if their civil records had been destroyed.

I can only speculate on your town, but many of the civil records for my family's commune (Cassino) were destroyed in WW II. In the early 1950s, the records were "reconstructed" by having people attest to their birth and wedding dates. There are two problems resulting from this: 1) most people born in earlier years are missing because they were dead when the "reconstruction" occured; and 2) most emigrants were missing from the records because they were elsewhere.

Nonetheless, by searching the "reconstructed" microfilms I found my grandfather's brother and two sisters (my grandfather was missing because he had emigrated to the USA) which was crucial in finding living relatives in Italy. So I strongly encourage you to consult the LDS microfilms regardless of the response you get from the commune.

Vince
pascali

Dates

Post by pascali »

Hi, my great-grandmother was born in 1877 but in his passport was wrote
1867, i found in LDS microfilm
email (sindaco@comune.casteldaccia.pa.it)

I found out that the comune di pizzoni (my ancestors) was destroy by a great fire, the guy from ufficio anagrafe said that all documents have in 2 books, 1 stay in comune and other in Procura della Republica.
so send a email or letter to them and explain your situation.

(http://www.giustizia.it/cgi-bin/ricerca ... STELDACCIA)

Procura Generale della Repubblica presso la Corte d'Appello di PALERMO
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele Orlando
90138 PALERMO (PA) Tel. 091 - 7421111 (centralino)
091 - 322431(Dirigente amministrativo)
091 - 589633 (segreteria particolare Procuratore Generale)
091 - 6112542 (ufficio personale)
091 - 581363 (ufficio esecuzione)

E-mail: pg.palermo@giustizia.it

Fax 091 - 584334 (segreteria particolare)
091 - 6116669 (ufficio personale)
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

I would contact the parish priest or Use a professional researcher contact Italroots.com
Give them a budget to work with
later
Trevisan2
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

This forum is designed to assist people with their genealogy and not peddle money making commercial activities. I can see that on certain occasion it may prove helpful but you are advertisimng your wares like a common street peddler. Peter