LANDI LUIGI OR LOUIS

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

LANDI LUIGI OR LOUIS

Postby HAWKIN » 21 Jul 2004, 23:58

I AM LOOKING FOR LUIGI? OR LOUIS ? LANDI BORN 1847 IN ITALY CAN ANY ONE TELL ME IF I CAN TRACE A BIRTH IN ITALY AND HOW I DO IT MANY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME TRACY
User avatar
HAWKIN
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 13 Jul 2004, 00:00

Re: LANDI LUIGI OR LOUIS

Postby ptimber » 22 Jul 2004, 02:12

All records in Italy are in the town of origin. You can either write to the town Ufficio di Stato Civile for the record provided their civil records go back to 1809 which is common for Southern Italy and spotty for north Italy. If the records exist back to 1809 you can even go to the nerarest family history library of the Mormon church and rent the micorfilm for the town f origin for a nominal amount and trace all your family births,marriages and deaths and family compositin. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 02:00
Location: ny

Re: LANDI LUIGI OR LOUIS

Postby HAWKIN » 23 Jul 2004, 14:45

ptimber wrote:All records in Italy are in the town of origin. You can either write to the town Ufficio di Stato Civile for the record provided their civil records go back to 1809 which is common for Southern Italy and spotty for north Italy. If the records exist back to 1809 you can even go to the nerarest family history library of the Mormon church and rent the micorfilm for the town f origin for a nominal amount and trace all your family births,marriages and deaths and family compositin. Peter

CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET THE ADDRESS FROM TO WRITE TO THESE PEOPLE MANY THANKS AGAIN TRACY
User avatar
HAWKIN
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 13 Jul 2004, 00:00

Re: LANDI LUIGI OR LOUIS

Postby ricbru » 23 Jul 2004, 15:26

Dear Tracy,
don't you have any other information to reach his birth place? There are Landi all over Italy.
Bye Riccardo :D
User avatar
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 01:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY

Re: LANDI LUIGI OR LOUIS

Postby HAWKIN » 23 Jul 2004, 15:43

ricbru wrote:Dear Tracy,
don't you have any other information to reach his birth place? There are Landi all over Italy.
Bye
Riccardo :D

HI IM SORRY I HAVNT I KNOW HE WAS BORN IN VERCELLI IN 1847 HE CAME TO ENGLAND WITH A CIRCUS AND THEN CHANGED HIS NAME TO THOMAS HAWKINS HE MARRIED AMME MUNT BUT ON THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICAT HIS FATHERS NAME SAYS JOHN HAWKINS ? IM LOST NOW THIS IS ALL I KNOW THANKS AGAIN TRACY
User avatar
HAWKIN
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 13 Jul 2004, 00:00

Re: LANDI LUIGI OR LOUIS

Postby ricbru » 23 Jul 2004, 15:54

Dear Tracy,
if he was born in Vercelli you can ask his birth record to Vercelli State Archive

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... ERCELLI%22

or to Comune di Vercelli

http://www.comune.vercelli.it/

I hope it helps. Bye Riccardo
User avatar
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 01:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY

Re: LANDI LUIGI OR LOUIS

Postby HAWKIN » 23 Jul 2004, 16:00

ricbru wrote:Dear Tracy,
if he was born in Vercelli you can ask his birth record to Vercelli State Archive

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... ERCELLI%22

or to Comune di Vercelli

http://www.comune.vercelli.it/

I hope it helps. Bye Riccardo

HI AGAIN RICCARDO IF I SEND AN EMAIL CAN I WRITE IT IN ENGLISH AS I KNOW NO ITALIAN MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AGAIN TRACY :lol:
User avatar
HAWKIN
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 13 Jul 2004, 00:00

Re: LANDI LUIGI OR LOUIS

Postby ricbru » 23 Jul 2004, 16:10

Hello Tracy,
try to write in english, if you want. Otherwise you can you use this web site to write in italian

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

I hope it helps. Bye Riccardo
User avatar
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 01:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY

Re: LANDI LUIGI OR LOUIS

Postby ptimber » 23 Jul 2004, 17:32

Thanks Riccardo. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 02:00
Location: ny


9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 8 guests

 
Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.