PACENTRO AND I"M in USA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
alshiel

PACENTRO AND I"M in USA

Postby alshiel » 23 Jul 2004, 15:46

Hello,

I'm in the USA. I need to know if anyone knows where I can send my letter requesting my ancestor files? They are the Agostinelli family from Pacentro.

His name was Carlo born in 1899 and his mother was Tucoronata (CoraO Dinello born around 1878. She married Vincenzo Agositinelli who went by Jim in the USA.

Cora and Carlo moved to the USA in 1910. I think Jim came in 1905.

Her dad was Orario Dinello. That was her surname.

If anyone knows the address of where I can write to get records please email me at alshiel818@yahoo.com.

Thankyou.
Anita

Essgee
Master
Master

Re: PACENTRO AND I"M in USA

Postby Essgee » 23 Jul 2004, 17:12

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Commune di Pacentro
67030 Pacentro (AQ)
Italy

Ask for a birth extract, not a birth certificate. A birth certificate only has the child's name and date of birth...no other info. An extract has name of parents, place born, etc.

alshiel

Postby alshiel » 20 Mar 2006, 09:25

I previously posted regarding Agostinelli's. Carlo, Cora and Vincenzo. I haven't progressed much further. New email address. alshiel@gmail.com. Pacentro Origin.

Thank you,

Anita

jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby jcsm400 » 20 Mar 2006, 10:05

Hi Anita,

This is a link to filmed civil records (1809-1865) for the comune of Pacentro, which you can order @ your local FHC when you get your reply.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... o+civile++

Do you have their immigration records, naturalization papers, census records, death certifates? If not, these are things that you can look for while waiting for a reply from Italy.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 20 Mar 2006, 12:10

Hi, about this:
"his mother was Tucoronata (CoraO Dinello born around 1878. She married Vincenzo Agositinelli who went by Jim in the USA."
the first name is INCORONATA right spell...
and this:
"Vincenzo Agositinelli " AGOSTINELLI right...
and this:
" Orario Dinello" ORAZIO right...
hoping helpful..
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 20 Mar 2006, 12:26

Essgee wrote:Ufficio di Stato Civile
Commune di Pacentro
67030 Pacentro (AQ)
Italy

Ask for a birth extract, not a birth certificate. A birth certificate only has the child's name and date of birth...no other info. An extract has name of parents, place born, etc.

You can also request a copy of the birth act.
After you understand the year of birth of you ancestors father, there are available the Pacentro civil record microfilm, from 1809 to 1865, to FHL (mormon church)

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... o+civile++

the same ones are saved and ready for research to

Archivio di Stato di L'Aquila

http://wwwdb.inroma.roma.it/SEARCH/BASI ... 7AQUILA%22

Good luck for your research, bye Riccardo

mraadams

Postby mraadams » 24 Mar 2009, 20:32

The Ufficio dello Stato Civile in Pacentro will most likely not reply to a request in English or very bad Italian. I write and speak Italian and even then I didn't get a reply. I had to go there personally to get records for my family and even then it was not easy.

You need exact dates, exact spellings and correct parents (father and mother). Agostinelli and Di Nello are fairly common surnames in Pacentro and several people of the same generation can even have the exact same name.

I recommend you try and find records in your family papers which will get you to an ancestor who was born in 1865 or before. The LDS Family History Center will be able to help you then.

Hope this helps,

Mark

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 24 Mar 2009, 21:46

--Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html for the Italian language form letters requesting documents from the Ufficio di Stato Civile in your comune. Its free and Ihave never heard of any rejection unless the information was faulty. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”