Looking for "Salvatore", "Fabiano" and &

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Nativityrae

Looking for "Salvatore", "Fabiano" and &

Postby Nativityrae » 05 Jan 2011, 19:05

I am researching my Italian ancestry. I know a little bit but would like to know more.

First, my Great Grandfather was Francesco Salvatore. His green card states that he was born in Mignano, Italy on March 31, 1878. His full name appears as Francesco Valerio Guiseppi Salvatore on a birth certificate that I was able to locate from Mignano, Italy. His parents were Benedetto and Caterina Florio Salvatore (or Fiore, not sure). Francesco had at least one brother, Ernesto, who had 13 children. We don't know whatever became of Ernesto or his children. Family members think that he stayed in Mignano. It is theorized that Francesco immigrated first to Montreal and then settled in Niagara Falls, NY. He married my great grandmother Maria Teresa Fabiano in 1913 in Niagara Falls, NY. Francesco (Frank) died in Niagara Falls in 1945.
Next, my great grandmother is Maria Teresa Fabiano who was born in 1882 in Gimigliano, Italy. She immigrated to Niagara Falls, NY and died there in 1938. She contracted polio after she immigrated to the US and was confined to a wheelchair the rest of her life. She had at least two brothers: Angelo and Francesco Fabiano who also settled in Niagara Falls, NY. Maria Teresa's death certificate in Niagara Falls lists "Giovanno Fabiano" as her father and her mother is "Maria Guiseppi Trapasso." Any information on these families and surnames is greatly appreciated. -- Natalie

vj
Master
Master

Re: Looking for "Salvatore", "Fabiano" a

Postby vj » 05 Jan 2011, 20:18

Hi Natalie!
Are these your family pages on ancestry. com?
Lane/Eden/Salvatore Family Tree
Really great pictures and documents!
Which US records are you missing?
Do you need help on how to research Italian records?
Thank you, Valarie

Nativityrae

Postby Nativityrae » 05 Jan 2011, 21:54

Yes. Those are my family pages. I do not have much information about my Italian relatives, particularly that which is in Italy. I don't think that my great grandfather ever became a US citizen as his green card was dated just a few years before his death, but I am not sure. He is a big mystery. My family told me that he could read and write in English when he came to the US but he worked as a laborer for the railroad in Niagara Falls. What I found to be his birth certificate says that he was born in Mignano and his parents lived on Via Salvatore. It looks like the street bore his surname.

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 06 Jan 2011, 09:29

Just in the case that you don't have it, Frank Salvatore's obit:

http://www.fultonhistory.com/Newspaper% ... ehtml&.pdf

Laura

Return to “Italian Genealogy”