Buchicchio and Nardiello Families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mariemaye
Rookie
Rookie

Buchicchio and Nardiello Families

Postby mariemaye » 09 Jan 2011, 02:25

Looking for any info on the Buchicchio and Nardiello families from Ruoti, Italy.
Anna Maria Buchicchio (my great-great grandmother) was born about 1861 and she married Roccantonio Mariano about 1885.
Angela Maria Nardiello (my great-great-great grandmother) was also born in Ruoti (no dates known) and married Guiseppe Mariano and may have emigrated to the U.S. in 1873.

Thanks!
Marie

djm1228
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Buchicchio and Nardiello Families

Postby djm1228 » 23 Feb 2011, 02:25

Hi Marie, Luisa Nardiello is my great great great grandmother. She was born in Ruoti in abt 1848 and died in NYC about 1934. I think she had a brother Vicenzo (b abt 1851) who also came over to the US. I'm sure there were others. Their parents were John Nardiello and Rose Florio. Nardiello and Nardello are interchangeable on a lot of records so check under Nardello too. Who you know anything else about her? Diane
Manfredonia (Atripalda, Italy)
Valerio (Atripalda, Italy)
Fino (Foggia ?, Italy)
Nardiello (Ruoti, Italy)
Chiuchiolo(Mirabella, Italy)
Camerlingo (Mirabella, Italy)
Murano, (Buccino, Italy/ Ruoti Italy)
Carlucci/Lombardi/Angiolillo/Salinardi (Ruoti Italy)

mariemaye
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mariemaye » 24 Feb 2011, 00:54

Hi djm!

Do you think our Nardiello's are related? This is what I have: Guiseppe Mariano (DOB about 1825) married Angela Maria Nardiello (DOB unknown). They were both farmers in Ruoti, Italy. They are my great-great-great grandparents. Guiseppe emigrated to the NYC on Sept. 17,1873 on the "Assyria". He was traveling with his brother, Domenico.
The 1880 census shows Guiseppe (now known as Joseph) living with his wife, Angela, in NYC and his occupation is listed as a rag picker.
That's all I know--virtually nothing about the Nardiello's. Does any of this jive with your research?

djm1228
Rookie
Rookie

Postby djm1228 » 24 Feb 2011, 02:50

I think it's likely she was probably a few years younger than her husband making her birthday around 1828 or so. She might be a relative (sister) of my Luisa and Vicenzo's father (John or Giovanni). They may have been cousins also.

Angela Maria would have had to come over from Italy at some time so she be somewhere on a ship manifest. It was popular for the husband to come over before the wife to get 'set up'. That happened in just about every case in my family's migration. I also found that when the wife came over it was sometimes under her maiden name despite that she was married so check her migration under the Nardiello/Nardello name.

As I mentioned Nardiello/Nardello is often confused. I just got a few death certificates for my family and even on the death certificates it's not consistant.

I plan to eventually rent the LDS microfilm for Ruoti Italy in the near future. I'll let you know when I get to that point.

You must know something about them after 1880. Did they stay in NYC. What about children?
Manfredonia (Atripalda, Italy)
Valerio (Atripalda, Italy)
Fino (Foggia ?, Italy)
Nardiello (Ruoti, Italy)
Chiuchiolo(Mirabella, Italy)
Camerlingo (Mirabella, Italy)
Murano, (Buccino, Italy/ Ruoti Italy)
Carlucci/Lombardi/Angiolillo/Salinardi (Ruoti Italy)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”