MIMICI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
verenahartmann

MIMICI

Postby verenahartmann » 14 Jan 2011, 20:15

Ciao! First time poster here - I'm Verena from Germany and I'm currently researching my Italian ancestor(s). Here is what I know:

Name:
Theodor MIMICI
born:
1660 "in Italien" (meaning: in Italy)
died:
September 3rd, 1739 in Floersheim (today Hesse/Germany)
He married an Anna Maria (no last name available) in 1680, probably in Floersheim.

I also have some dates for his children. After the generation of his children, the name of MIMICI never seems to appear in German records again.

In the 17th and 18th century a lot of traders and workmen from the Lambordy, from the area around Lago di Como and from the area around Lago Maggiore settled in (what is today) Germany. I do not know if Theodor MIMICI came from this region, although it is likely ...

Maybe someone here can help me? I just couldn't find anymore information about the name MIMICI. Do you have any ideas about possible leads?

Any response would be greatly appreciated! :)
Danke!

Michael31
Master
Master

Re: MIMICI

Postby Michael31 » 15 Jan 2011, 04:19

verenahartmann

Postby verenahartmann » 15 Jan 2011, 09:50

MiNici ... well thank you very much, Michael! :)

I was wondering, if maybe the name had been written differently in the German records than the original Italian spelling ... but I had no idea what change had been made! Actually I had tried a paginabianche.it search, but with the name Mimici I got zero results. So this is a very interesting and big step forward for me!

Does anyone have any idea what I could do next?

Michael31
Master
Master

Postby Michael31 » 15 Jan 2011, 10:17

Return to “Italian Genealogy”