Found marriage record!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Found marriage record!

Postby bkworm10 » 20 Jan 2011, 19:15

I am so excited - I was finally able to look at the microfilm of Accettura Processetti today and I found my g-g-grandparents marriage documents! I think I hit a gold mine because there were 12 pages of documents, which included their birth records and I believe the marriage records of their parents! I was able to figure out some names and added two more new surnames - Canuso and Lacovaro! I think it even had grandparents names as well. But since I don't know how to read Italian, I am going to have to post the documents and hopefully someone can help me translate. I will try and do that tonight or tomorrow.

In any event, I tried searching for the Gioscia-Sarricchio processetti, and found that there are missing years on the microfilm! It seems that the years go from 1872, then 1880 and then 1883. I think they were married in 1881 or 1882. The microfilm does not list missing years, so I just assumed they were all there. Do you think the records are missing in general (even in the town of Accettura)? When I sent for the marriage records of Carmela Gioscia and Vito Sarricchio, they sent me vito's birth record instead of their marriage record. How can I find out if the years 1881/1882 are missing in Accettura?

I am just so excited - this has made my day! Also, there is a Canuso website, where the Canuso's are traced back to 1715. My g-g-grandparents are listed on that site and now I can trace Rosa Canuso's line back to 1715! Amazing!

Thanks to all of you - I have found so much because of this board.

Re: Found marriage record!

Postby adelfio » 20 Jan 2011, 19:40

Great find! A little hard work and right films and more names thats amazin
Prego Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Return to “Italian Genealogy”