Information on Family Names Sabatino/Cecere

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
turalese

Information on Family Names Sabatino/Cecere

Postby turalese » 21 Jan 2011, 16:05

Trying to find information on Maria Sabatino, Antonio Sabatino, Michele/Michael Sabatino, Lucia . They were born in Preturo Irpino, Avellino, Southern Italy? They left from Naples in the late 1920s? I think Antonio married Lucia and Michele married Ida/Ada. Last known that they lived in Hollywood 1975. Not sure whether they had any children. Nieces and Nephews emigrated to Australia and UK.

Would love to hear from anybody that has any information as I'm doing a family tree.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Information on Family Names Sabatino/Cecere

Postby suanj » 21 Jan 2011, 17:39

Hi,

I found a arrival of Sep 16, 1921 abt Antonio Sabatino age 34 in travel with wife ( Maria, not Lucia) and daughter Carmela, and Michele Sabatino age 16( it is wrote: son, but maybe is the brother because both leaving the father Carmine in Petruro) and joining at Antonio Cecere brother in law in NY

pag 1 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0019
pag 2 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0019

if you can add more details, maybe we can help better,

however this record seeming abt your Michele Sabatino and matching with birthyear on the arrival:
Name: Michael Sabatino
Birth: 30 Aug 1904
Death: Apr 1979 - Hollywood, Broward, Florida, United States of America
Civil: New Jersey
Other: Hollywood, Broward, Florida, United States of America

Ida death...?
Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
about Ida Sabatino
Name: Ida Sabatino
Death Date: Mar 1965
County of Death: Broward
State of Death: Florida
Race: White

suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

turalese

Re: Information on Family Names Sabatino/Cecere

Postby turalese » 25 Jan 2011, 16:38

Hi suanj
Thank you for your help, just found more information. Antonio and Michele were brothers and Lucia was the sister. I think the Brother-in-law they were going to was in fact Lucia's husband (Cecere).
You are right that Antonio Sabatino's wife was Maria. Lucia was his sister and I think she married a Giuseppe Cecere (not really sure of his first name) and not sure either when she went to America. Michele Sabatino did marry Ida, I don't know her maiden name.
I've also discovered that they went back to Italy for a short time (1939?) but after some months they returned and remained there till they died. Michele (was known as Michael) Sabatino died in 1979.

turalese

Return to “Italian Genealogy”