Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ItalUrgoGal

Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo

Postby ItalUrgoGal » 26 Jan 2011, 16:37

I have been combed through ten years gap 1877 to 1887 of death records in Anzi, Potenza, Italy from Ancestry.com website. His last son Donato Antonio was born Dec 19, 1877 and his first daughter Maria Teresa Urgo's marriage was taken on Dec 4, 1887, which her marriage record revealed that her father Guiseppe Urgo was deceased. Guiseppe's wife Angela Maria Rubertone was remarried in Feb 1888. Urgo families resided in Anzi since then until immigrated to America. I need to find Guiseppe Urgo's death certificate. Thank you in advance.

pink67
Master
Master

Re: Search for death certificate of Guiseppe Urgo

Postby pink67 » 26 Jan 2011, 18:12

On Ancestry.com in the Annual death indexes for the town of Anzi there is:

Urgo Giuseppe - Death act number 17 - year 1882

You may try to ask for this death certificate and see if it's the correct one...

Laura

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 26 Jan 2011, 18:16

you can find the death certificate of Giuseppe Urgo, husband of Angela Benedetto, who died in Anzi on 9 february 1882 on the site Ancestry.com:

http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view. ... gskw=&cr=1

Is this your ancestor?

Laura

ItalUrgoGal

Postby ItalUrgoGal » 26 Jan 2011, 18:34

I had checked that one already before you mentioned. No, it was not my ancestor. Guiseppe Urgo's wife is Angela Maria Rubertone. Later on Angela Maria Rubertone remarried to Salvatore Benedetto in 1888.

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 26 Jan 2011, 18:53

I noticed the same things but I also noticed that the address on the birth act of his son on december 1877 was Via Lilio (Lilio street) number 6 on the death act of that Giuseppe Urgo address was Via Lilio number 12...
You cannot confirm also Giuseppe Urgo parents as Michele Urgo and Teresa Colasardo? It's strange because there are death indexes for the years between 1877 and 1887 (just the index for the year 1879 is not present, but I checked the death act register and there is no trace of Giuseppe on that year)....

Laura

ItalUrgoGal

Postby ItalUrgoGal » 26 Jan 2011, 19:31

You are right about the street name Via Lilio that's where Urgo were resided as well as Benedetto. I can't confirm his parents. As far as I go to the level is Guiseppe Urgo and nothing above him. That's the reason I wanted to find out what Guiseepe's parents' names are on Guiseppe's death certificate. Once I get his parents' names, I will find Guiseppe's siblings. My mind is puzzled, who is Angela Benedetto, if it is actually Guiseppe's death certificate. Was he divorced to Angela Rubertone? I have no way to prove this.

ItalUrgoGal

Postby ItalUrgoGal » 26 Jan 2011, 19:57

By the way, is there a way to check out Guiseppe Urgo and Angela Maria Rubertone's marriage record before 1866, it will tell his parents' names were in order to confirm the death certificate. The earlier marriage record can go back to 1866 on the ancestry.com. There were no 1867 marriage listed. Guiseppe's first son named Michele Urgo, died on the death certificate in 1867 record number 70. I know Italian custom when naming a baby after father's father name. Possible Guiseppe's father was Michael Urgo. Ummmm

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 27 Jan 2011, 08:04

By the way, is there a way to check out Guiseppe Urgo and Angela Maria Rubertone's marriage record before 1866, it will tell his parents' names were in order to confirm the death certificate.

Yes, there's a way.... You can contact your nearest Family History Center:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp

and ask them to rent these microfilms:

Title Registri dello stato civile di Anzi (Potenza), 1809-1910 Authors Anzi (Potenza). Ufficio dello stato civile (Main Author)

Nascite, pubblicazioni di matrimonio, matrimoni, morti, atti diversi, allegati 1858-1863
FHL INTL Film 2013158

Nascite, pubblicazioni di matrimonio, matrimoni, morti, atti diversi, allegati 1864-1865, 1834 Allegati 1841 Nascite 1850
FHL INTL Film 2013159 Item 1

You'll find the marriage act between them and you'll see their parent's names...
I just noticed (from Angela Rubertone and Salvatore Benedetto's marriage bann) that Angela's mother's maiden name was Benedetto Concetta, so, possibly her maiden name was confused on Giuseppe's death act?

Laura

ItalUrgoGal

Postby ItalUrgoGal » 29 Jan 2011, 18:58

Hi Laura

This morning I went to the nearest Family History Center to request the microfilms as you suggested. I was told that the microfilms will come within two weeks. I can't wait to research for this and I will follow up with you when I get the chance to see any records to confirm my research about Guiseppe. Thanks for your help!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”