COPPOLA family in Castellammare Di Stabia, Napoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mangelini
Rookie
Rookie

COPPOLA family in Castellammare Di Stabia, Napoli

Postby mangelini » 27 Jan 2011, 09:12

looking for information on the family Coppola.
Particually ancestors and decendants from:

Raffaele COPPOLA who married Trifonia Ferraiolo.

They had 4 Children to my knowledge:
Salvatore COPPOLA born between 1862-63 in Castellammare Di Sabbia
Rosa COPPOLA
Anna COPPOLA
Pancrazio COPPOLA

Thanks
Michael
mick_ang@hotmail.com

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: COPPOLA family in Castellammare Di Stabia, Napoli

Postby maestra36 » 27 Jan 2011, 11:42

In the online indices for the town at the family search beta website, I see Salvatore listed in the birth index

Record #120 Coppola, Salvatore born to Raffaele and Filomena Ferraiolo. Mother's first name in the index is Filomena. Date of birth Jan 28, 1863.

www.familysearch.org

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 27 Jan 2011, 11:49

to get to this index, click on the word Europe. Next screen go to down to Italy, Napoli Province Municipal Records, 1809-1936. He does not come up if you just use the search engine to search his name. Instead, you must click on the link which says browse through 224, 093 images. On next screen, click on your town name. Next screen click on collezioni di atti di nascita. Next screen click on Indice (nati 1809-1876), Numero C.

Image 132 of 182 is where the 1862 birth index starts. Image 136 of 182 is where I found the information about Salvatore-This index is easy to read in very legible handwriting

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 27 Jan 2011, 12:13

I went back several years and forward several years in the index and did not see any other children born to them. I see children born to a Raffaele, but with different wives. When you have time, you'll have to go page by page in this index.
Peg

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 27 Jan 2011, 13:04

the actual birth record has the mother's first name closer to your spelling-on the same website under Collezioni di atti di nascita # Nati, 1863, Numero 1
Image of 62 of 300

From what I can tell from the record, the mother was passing through the town at the time of the birth. She was living in Conca (spelling???). That's the reason why you won't find the other children's records in the town indexes. There is a correction in the margin of the record for the spelling of her name. It should be Trofimena Ferraiolo and not Trifomena Ferraiuolo as written in the record.

mangelini
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mangelini » 27 Jan 2011, 15:26

thankyou so much. this is of great help. i realized that he wasnot in the search engine. but i didn't not think to go your way though europe.
Michael Angelini
Searching Surnames: ANGELINI, TOROSANTUCCI, COPPOLA, PICONE, MATERAZZO, GENTILE, BONGIORNO, PALISI, TESORIERO, MATARAZZO, ACUNTO, CUNTO, CAPPELLI, SCAFIDI, PANCELLA, TRAVAGLIA GABRIELLI, TUMMARELLO, SIMEONE

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 01 Feb 2011, 16:05

If it can be of any help, Trofimena is a typical name fom Amalfi Coast. So, Trofimena Ferraiolo was probably from Conca dei Marini, province of Salerno.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

mangelini
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mangelini » 02 Feb 2011, 02:47

i thought so. i searched around Castellammare Di Stabia and found a Conca near Salerno. thanks.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”