Tiboni Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
karelcm76

Tiboni Surname

Postby karelcm76 » 31 Jan 2011, 02:00

I have been trying to research my mom's side of the family for 10 years now. I have exactly the same information as I had when I started, about my own family although I have gathered a lot of research on the Tiboni name. It just seems there is no connection what so ever. I am hoping someone here can help me out! here is the story:
My great Grandfather's name was Pietro Tiboni and he came to Canada in 1904 for the first time to visit his father a record at Ellis Island states this to be correct if it is the same guy. He had a wife named Maria (nee Passera). He had four children, one being born Aug 31, 1911, which is my grandfather. I know the family moved to Canada from Italy in the 1920's and stayed for a while then years later went back to Italy. Only prob is i can't find who Pietro's parents are or brothers and sisters. I do not have anyone I can ask and everyone I have asked gave me bits and pieces of information. I hope someone here can help me.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Tiboni Surname

Postby ricbru » 31 Jan 2011, 08:08

Pietro Tiboni parents are written on Pietro Tiboni birth and marriage record.
So you need to know at least where and when he was born.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

karelcm76

Postby karelcm76 » 31 Jan 2011, 15:07

I know where he was born, the average date of when he was born. Only I have a problem obtaining these records. It's like they didn't exist. I can not find any records what so ever. There is a record of them arriving by ship that someone found and answered on another forum and I can not even find that record. There is also another record of a Pietro age 23 arriving at Ellis Island. I am sure this is my great grandfather but I can not make out his fathers name. Thank you though I appreciate it =)

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 31 Jan 2011, 15:45

iit is this your Pietro TIBONI born in Falmenta, age 23 in 1911, joining at father Giosuè Tiboni in Forth William, Ont.

pag 1 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0006

pag 2 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0006

Giosuè Tiboni arrival:
First Name: Gesne
Last Name: Tiboni
Ethnicity: Italian, Italian North
Last Place of Residence: Falmenta
Date of Arrival: Apr 11, 1904
Age at Arrival: 42y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Saint Paul
Port of Departure: Southampton
Manifest Line Number: 0004

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0004
already in Canada from 1905 to 1908

another record of aPietro Tiboni maybe is your ancestor:
Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956
about Pietro Tiboni
Name: Pietro Tiboni
Arrival Date: Nov 1908
Port of Arrival: St Albans, Vermont, United States
Birth Date: abt 1888
Record Type: Manifests

pag 1 http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9567/tiboni1.jpg
pag 2 http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9984/tiboni2.jpg

I believe that Giosuè used George first name in Canada:
1911 Census of Canada
about George Tiboni Name: George Tiboni
Marital Status: Married
Birth Date: May 1863
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Immigration Year: 1903
Tribal: Italian
Province: Ontario
District: Thunder Bay and Rainy River
District Number: 123
Sub-District: Fort William
Sub-District Number: 23
Place of Habitation: McIntyre 619
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
George Tiboni 48

in same house with Pete Tiboni born march 1886(?) on the 1911 census
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

karelcm76

Postby karelcm76 » 02 Feb 2011, 19:01

I have that record but I do not see where it says he was in the same household as Pete b 1886. Maybe I am over looking it. Giosue, is that not common for Joshua? It is what I am told. I remember someone mentioning a Joshua in my notes i have a Joshua Primeault Tiboni written down. I am not sure as to why, I just remember someone mentioning this name. Still looking for leads. Thanks for the help. :)

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 02 Feb 2011, 20:42

Hi
George Tiboni, (probably your Giosuè Tiboni) in 1911 census residing at 124 and Pete Tiboni at 123.. no street name on the census; so sorry no in same house but just neighbors
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6862/1911tiboni.jpg

Giosuè is Joshua in english.... I believe correct
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

karelcm76

Postby karelcm76 » 03 Feb 2011, 00:17

Don't be sorry =) any help is help just the same. Believe me...this has helped at least lead me into a diff direction that might lead me to what I have been searching for.

ratbert

Postby ratbert » 03 Mar 2011, 22:40

Hi Karen,
Just found your post and joined Italian Genealogy today. Also just sent an email to you from another Google search find. My mother was Marie, one of the four Tiboni siblings, Joe, Del, Marie and Harry. I spent a lot of time with your mom and her sister and brother when we were kids in Jackfish. I am going to Italy for a month on May 18th and Falmenta is on the list of places to visit. I hope to find Pietro and Maria's old home and will see what else I can find out about the family. My mother visited Pietro and Maria in 1958 or 1959 after they had moved back to Italy from Coldwell in 1954. I recall there being an Aunt Rose who may have lived with them, certainly close by. Grandpa Pietro died in 1961 when he fell off a cliff picking mushrooms near Falmenta. I was 12 and Grandma Maria came to live with us in Marathon. Grandma had a lot of health issues, in particular diabetes. Eventually she moved to a care facility in Thunder Bay where she passed away.

ratbert

Postby ratbert » 03 Mar 2011, 22:44

Attempting to attach a photo of Pietro and Maria Tiboni taken at their home in Flamenta circa 1958

karelcm76

Postby karelcm76 » 09 Mar 2011, 05:32

You don't know how much this means to me. I was beginning to wonder if my great grandparents existed =) I have been searching forever and didn't really know anyone to contact. You mentioned you sent an email about another google search find but I don't see it anywhere. Where was it sent to? Is there another way you and i can keep in contact? Thank you so much for the picture.

ratbert

Postby ratbert » 11 Mar 2011, 20:01

Hi K,
I tried sending you a Private Message but it seems to be stuck in my Outbox. You can email me at ratbert549@gmail.com
R

Return to “Italian Genealogy”