Savario and Cristina Nucolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dnuclo

Savario and Cristina Nucolo

Postby dnuclo » 31 Jan 2011, 03:33

Looking for information on Savario Nucolo who was adopted in Castellamare Di Stabia in 1872. Trying to find birth parents

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Savario and Cristina Nucolo

Postby ricbru » 31 Jan 2011, 08:11

Most of the times birth parents are not stated on birth record, because if a baby was adopted it means was abandoned, so, for now I suggest you to obtain at least his birth record, and read all the details, maybe there is written he was left on the doorstep of a church, or the midwife went to declare the birth of this baby , and the registrar ordered the midwife to bring the baby to foundlings home.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 31 Jan 2011, 14:50

Hi, the full and right italian name of your ancestor was:
NUGOLA Francesco Saverio son of unknown parents, married in Castellammare di Stabia on 10 aug 1895 at LONGOBARDI Maria Cristina; both the spouses was born in Castellammare di Stabia:
marriage act: http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8694 ... rriage.jpg
the groom was 23 old as a well the bride; on the marriage act Saverio signature is Nucolo Francesco Saverio; but the correct surname spelling is Nugola...
hoping helpful,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 31 Jan 2011, 14:56

for bad luck no Castellammare di Stabia birth acts of 1872 ... just the index
NUGOLA Francesco Saverio projetto ( foundling) #342
( right page)
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5028/nugolabirth.jpg
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

dnuclo

Postby dnuclo » 31 Jan 2011, 16:09

suanj, Thank you so much for the wonderful documents you located. I am confused why the marriage document says nugola, but when he signed it at the bottom he(Saverio) spelled it Nucolo. Also, the family was told that this last name came from the administrator in charge of the orphanage at that time. Is this to be true of orphans?

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!
Debbie Nuclo

dnuclo

Postby dnuclo » 31 Jan 2011, 16:13

ricbru wrote:Most of the times birth parents are not stated on birth record, because if a baby was adopted it means was abandoned, so, for now I suggest you to obtain at least his birth record, and read all the details, maybe there is written he was left on the doorstep of a church, or the midwife went to declare the birth of this baby , and the registrar ordered the midwife to bring the baby to foundlings home.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

I will see what I can find on the birth record. Thanks for your help Riccardo!
Debbie

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 31 Jan 2011, 16:29

no, the surname of a foundling always came from civil records officer when is registered the birth of foundling .. Saverio signed Nucolo maybe he was a bit illitterate.. but the right surname spelling is Nugola; also I can say you that the first daughter, Maria was born as Maria NUGOLA and no Nucolo, on the 16 jun 1895, so after the childbirth, Saverio and Cristina married; I found the record on the birth index and the surname of Maria is Nugola... Saverio wrote Nucolo as surname... maybe in dialectal version... but, again, the surname is NUGOLA..
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

dnuclo

Postby dnuclo » 31 Jan 2011, 17:36

Wonderful information! So I guess that's the end of the Nugola line. I dont see any other way of finding anymore on this line. We will be coming to Italy in May. We will be visiting Castellammare Di Stabia when we come. It will be nice to know this is where the family came from!

Thank you so much for your help!
Debbie

Return to “Italian Genealogy”