where to look after 1930 exhausted

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
crosa
Rookie
Rookie

where to look after 1930 exhausted

Postby crosa » 31 Jan 2011, 05:52

Trying to find out how to get to the San Francisco census..or Federal census after 1930 name Dorothy Coffrini (Mauro) father David Coffrini, mother Jennie
I want to know Jennie's maiden name. Need birth record but no luck trying all day.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: where to look after 1930 exhausted

Postby wldspirit » 31 Jan 2011, 07:38

California Birth Index, 1905-1995

Name: Dorothy Marie Coffrini
Birth Date: 1 Nov 1930
Mother's Maiden Name: Ponzini
Birth County: San Francisco

Last available census, 1940 has yet to be released. At the time of this census David and Jenni have been married about two years:

1930 United States Federal Census
Name: David Coffrini
Home in 1930: San Francisco, San Francisco, California
View Map
Estimated birth year: abt 1904
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Jennie Coffrini
Race: White

Household Members:
Name Age
David Coffrini 26
Jennie Coffrini 20

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

crosa
Rookie
Rookie

Re: where to look after 1930 exhausted

Postby crosa » 31 Jan 2011, 20:20

Thank you ever so much.... I have been on this computer for days and so frustrated, hard to find anything. Thank goodness for this Website...I am determined not to quit but I have had little luck. The only luck comes from this website. I joined Ancestry.com and going nuts there. No information after 1930 or before 1844. Do you know if Family life is any better?.

question 1- how did you find Dorothy's birth. I tried everything and no luck.
question 2- I am looking for information about my great grandfather. Luigi Coffrini and great-grandmother Rosa Belgrosso. My grandfather Antonio Coffrini died sept 25 1931 and was born Sept 8, 1844. Couldn't find anything, Ancestry has only 1865, nothing before. I tried the death of Rosa Belgrosso but no luck. They lived in Borgo Val ti Taro, province Parma, Emilia Romagna Region, The ancestry shows La Spezia, Liqure, Genova but Bogo Va Ti taro doesn't come up. the only one that comes up in Genova is Maissanna, Varese Liguria, which is close, but no luck... I went through all Morti, Nascita's. I don't mind looking page after page but so far not much luck. I do not know how to look I guess. Any clue where to look would be helpful.
I don't speak or write italian....I have tried all the comune.com My father and his family lived in Cembrano, comune of Massana, Province La Spezia,region Liguria.....the older children were born in Borgo Va Ti Taro, the younger boys were born in Salino and San Pietro Vara, franzioni's of Varese Ligure, Province La Spezia in the Liguria Region. Found all but three Rosa, Dina, Eugenio....The two girls I found were born Cembrano number 5 fraction of Maissanna. That came from this website, when I looked I did find them. Well thanks again, Heritage is more precious with every passing day. Traditions keep us close in a very special way...Remembering the long gone keeps them alive in our hearts. I want my family and their kids to know my wonderful mother and father. My father has been gone 47 years, but everyday, he is still in my heart. My mother has been gone 22 years, I always say good morning to her every day. In the last few years I have lost my beautiful sisters, their husbands and my brother but all the wonderful memories are with me. So thanks again.
One lesson to be learned, always keep a journal when traveling. My mother ,sister and brother met the families in Italy after my dad died. They didn't leave any information. I don't travel, but Italy is one place I would love to go. I had just had twins when my dad died. Later years busy raising three grandchildren, so I never made it. Getting old but still young at heart....maybe someday.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”