CRAGNOLINI, BROLLO search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mags01

CRAGNOLINI, BROLLO search

Post by mags01 »

Looking for Antonio CRAGNOLINI born 1893 Friuli, died 1945, Friuli. His wife was Lucia (I don't have her maiden name)b. 1899, d. 1951 Friuli.

Elisabetta BROLLO (no maiden name) - son Giobatta BROLLO married Anna (once again, no maiden name) b. 1880's. Giobatta died 1953/4.
they had 8 children including Luigi who migrated to Cooma, Australia late 50's
As with many of these queries, it's a bit sketchy, but so exciting when we start to fill the gaps. :D
pink67
Master
Master

Re: CRAGNOLINI, BROLLO search

Post by pink67 »

Elisabetta BROLLO (no maiden name) - son Giobatta BROLLO married Anna (once again, no maiden name) b. 1880's. Giobatta died 1953/4.
they had 8 children including Luigi who migrated to Cooma, Australia late 50's
Is it possible that Luigi's real first name was Guglielmo and not Luigi?

I found a 64 pages dossier about a Guglielmo Brollo born on 23 december 1916 in Gemona del Friuli (Udine Province - Friuli-Venezia Giulia region) , son of Giobatta Brollo (born on 1883) and of Anna Digianantonio (born on 1887)...
He married Bianca Rizzi in Gemona del Friuli on 7 february 1948, she was born in Gemona del Friuli on 12 march 1928.
He landed in Australia (Sidney) on December 1951

This is the link to the documents:
http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNR ... spx?page=0

and click on Brollo Guglielmo...

Laura
mags01

Post by mags01 »

Laura, you wonderful person! This is my first 'breakthrough'. Guglielmo was in fact an older brother of Luigi, and talked Luigi into coming to Australia, instead of Argentina. Luigi came to Australia around 1956? to work on the Snowy River Scheme. He saved to bring his family out in 1959/60.
My brother-in-law will think I'm a hero :D
DarioG

Post by DarioG »

Hello Laura,
My name is Dario Gino Brollo, I am the son of Luigi Brollo that my sister in-law(mags01) refers to in her email. Unfortunately she had some of the dates wrong, Luigi Brollo arrived in Australia in 1955 and his wife Rina Rosa Cragnolini with their sons Gianni and myself (Dario) arrived in 1956. My father Luigi did have a brother Guglielmo Brollo and their father was Giobatta Brollo from Friuli and Mother Anna Digianantonio. I am a member of Ancestry.com but I cannot find any information on my family. I was eight years of age when I came to Australia but I have a strong connection with Italia. Any information that you may have come across would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards, Dario