Tamburin surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SabinaT

Tamburin surname

Postby SabinaT » 03 Feb 2011, 15:46

I came on here when I saw the name Tamburin. My father-in-law, Luciano Tamburin spoke only Italian and was born in Parenzo, Austria in 1912 which, I believe is now Porec, Croatia. It was Italy during WWII when his family still lived there. After the war he and his wife and my husband, who was a baby, went to Italy to live. His wife Josephine Micatovich was also from Parenzo and only spoke Italian. Most of the relatives there have names that end with vich, like Micatovich, but they all speak Italian, though we think the relatives before them spoke another language, possibly Croatian plus they also spoke Italian since Istria, Croatia, where they were born was Italy for a long time. We know it also was under the Austrian/Hungarian Republic before that. We know there are lots of Tamburini and Tamburino in Italy and wonder if his name ended in a vowel at one time. He was born in 1912. We would like to find out if his relatives were actually Austrian and, if not, where they did come from. What kind of surname is Tamburin. It does not sound Italian though the whole family has Italian customs and language. Most of the family is still in Italy not far from Venice. My husband and his parents came to the USA in the 1950's.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Tamburin surname

Postby adelfio » 03 Feb 2011, 23:40

Welcome if your looking for the old post on Tamburin. Here it is click on the prompt .
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... burin.html
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

SabinaT

Re: Tamburin surname

Postby SabinaT » 04 Feb 2011, 15:02

Thank you!

Sabina

Return to “Italian Genealogy”