My Luca and Salerno ancestors from Palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tbehler
Rookie
Rookie

My Luca and Salerno ancestors from Palermo

Postby tbehler » 05 Feb 2011, 05:23

Hello Everyone...

My name is Thomas Behler and I'm fairly new to this forum...and this is my first post.

I recently discovered the Atto della Solenne Promessa di Celebrare il Matrimonio for my great great grandparents Giacomo Luca and Rosalia Salerno. It is four pages long and I'm hoping it can help lead me to confirmation of an old family legend that says Giacomo was a tutor to the children of a king (but perhaps more likely, lesser royalty or a noble family) and that Rosalia was either the head chef or in charge of the royal kitchens.

The document shows Giacomo's profession as "servitore" (servant...this much I recognize). Three other people identified in the document (friends/witnesses?) are also "servitore", lending weight to their association with a nobel family. And my great grandfather Giuseppe was multilingual and a well educated and cultured man by all accounts.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to do a full translation of this document, including the "offialeeze"? It would mean a great deal to me.

Thanks!

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: My Luca and Salerno ancestors from Palermo

Postby Tessa78 » 05 Feb 2011, 18:09

Check the translation forum :-)

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”