Calegero Munisteri Pino from Racalmuto, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MunisteriPino

Calegero Munisteri Pino from Racalmuto, Sicily

Postby MunisteriPino » 13 Feb 2011, 17:39

I am new to this website and read the post from last year about looking for family in Racalmuto and thought I would write a post. I have started researching my family history with hopes that I may be able to locate any of my relatives that are still in Sicily.

The above is my grandfather's name and my grandmother's name was Grazia Cino. I have also found the ship manifest's from when they came to the US. My grandmother came to the US in 1905 with my 2 aunts. I believe my grandfather came to the US in either 1906 or 1912-or maybe both.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.
Ciao,
Kathy

johngallegos44

Re: Calegero Munisteri Pino from Racalmuto, Sicily

Postby johngallegos44 » 04 Sep 2011, 16:47

Good morning Kathy.

I ran across your post while scanning the inquiries for my wife's family from the Racamulto area.

Many male residents of this area of Sicily were sulfur miners and farmers.

There are two areas where you might look: the first is http://www.familysearch.com; the second is http://www.ancestry.com.

In familysearch.com, at the bottom left hand corner of the webpage select "Europe" among the continental selections. There will pop-up several European countries. Select Italy. There you will find Italian birth, baptismal, marriage, and death records. These records are usually posted by someone else so you may not find the person whom who are seeking, but its worth a try.

The ancestry.com option is a good one for domestic US information, particularly for immigration records. If you do not want to try the two week free subscription, you can find free use sites at most Family History Libraries in your area or at a regional National Archives Center (NARA).

Good luck.

John H.Gallegos
Beaumont, CA

MunisteriPino

Postby MunisteriPino » 04 Sep 2011, 18:14

Hi John,
Thank you for your advice! I appreciate it.

I joined ancestry.com and was able to obtain certified copies of my grandparents birth and marriage certificates. I then was able to further my research and am waiting to receive the same for my greatgrandparents.
Thanks and have a nice holiday!

Regards,
Kathy Pino
Kathy P

johngallegos44

Postby johngallegos44 » 04 Sep 2011, 21:35

You are welcome!

JHG

Return to “Italian Genealogy”