I need help please!! Merati family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mattsuenchaz

I need help please!! Merati family

Postby mattsuenchaz » 15 Feb 2011, 11:28

I wonder if anybody could kindly help with my research, as I have reached a total blank! I am trying to find any details (and eventually living relatives) of my Grandmother's ancestors. The only details I have are as follows :- Antonio Merati b1829 in Italy, d 1881 in London. He married Eliza Robinson in London on 18 Aug 1862. Antonio changed his surname to Merritt at some stage.
His father's name on the marriage certificate was Dominic who was a school master and was born in Italy in 1780. My Grandmother once told me that there were two brothers (both schoolmasters) who came over to England but that is all I know and I cannot find any records for Dominic anywhere online. Thank you in advance

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: I need help please!! Merati family

Postby adelfio » 15 Feb 2011, 12:24

THe surname Merati is mostly in the Lombardia region
click on the prompt
http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/gen ... r=160&k=FF
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Postby jamiecapaldi » 15 Feb 2011, 12:36

Going by the spelling on his wedding certificate; MARATI, i have searched and found Naples as a origin for this name spelt this way?

There is also a Private Family Tree on Ancestry called 'wood family tree', you could try and contact?
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk

mattsuenchaz

Postby mattsuenchaz » 15 Feb 2011, 12:59

adelfio wrote:THe surname Merati is mostly in the Lombardia region
click on the prompt
http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/gen ... r=160&k=FF
Marty

Hi Marty. Thanks for the quick reply, sadly cannot find any info from your link tho. Had many a search and found lots of Merati's from this area and Como

mattsuenchaz

Postby mattsuenchaz » 15 Feb 2011, 13:02

jamiecapaldi wrote:Going by the spelling on his wedding certificate; MARATI, i have searched and found Naples as a origin for this name spelt this way?

There is also a Private Family Tree on Ancestry called 'wood family tree', you could try and contact?

Jamie thank you so much for having a look for me. The surname is definitely Merati tho and the Wood family tree on Ancestry is mine :lol:

Return to “Italian Genealogy”