Villafrati commune in Palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Villafrati commune in Palermo

Postby TinaC216 » 17 Feb 2011, 18:57

I have been interested in my family genealogy for about 2 years now.

I am a 1st generation on my mothers side and maybe 2nd on my fathers side, I am 100% Italian.

I got side tracked with my search because I found out I may qualify for dual citizenship and started the paperwork process on the state side.

I am looking for a researcher that is in Palermo that could go to the commune and retrieve certified records for me. I have actual photocopies of the records I need, But would like them to get some other info for me (the reason for me to go ahead and pay someone for the trip and search).

The certified records I need I have those's other information regarding my family I would really like to have for my mother who left the commune at almost 8 years old.
She really would like to contact her cousins and I attempted to do so but I don't speak or write Italian YET...working on it...
Also he paternal grandmother died before she was born with conflicting stories on how she died. We want to know this information.

How would I go about finding an honest person to do this for me :D

Return to “Italian Genealogy”