Seeking Family of Joseph (Giuseppe) Cafarelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Seeking Family of Joseph (Giuseppe) Cafarelli

Postby lcafarel » 19 Feb 2011, 15:35

Hi. I am interested in connecting with the descendants of Joseph Cafarelli, who was born in September 1879 and came to the U.S. with his family in June 1893. His occupation is listed as barber on the family's 1900 census, and I think he may be the Joseph John Cafarelli married to Anna who lived in Medford, MA, and had the Kilby Barber Shop on State St. in Boston.

Giuseppe's parents were Vincenzo and Grazia Cafarelli, and the family came to America from Accettura, Matera, Basilicata. Accettura was then part of Potenza province. Brothers and sisters born in Italy included Domenico (b. 1877), Maria (b. 1882), Giulietta (b. Sept. 1885), Angela/Angelina/Mildred (b. Nov. 1888), Nicola (b. June 1890), and Federico (b. Nov. 1892). I believe that Federico died in infancy. Two sisters, Sussia/Susan/Sadie and Florence, were born in New York. The family relocated from the Lower East Side of Manhattan to West New York, New Jersey, between 1900 and 1910. Nicola was my husband's grandfather.

Thank you!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”