Register of Italian Birth

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Register of Italian Birth

Postby lilbees » 23 Feb 2011, 12:43

I have, over the past several years, gathered birth/baptism records for the children of my great grandfather who were born in Tunisia. I have sent all these records to the Italian consulate to register them in their comune in Italy. I received the documents back with the appropriate stamps on them and forwarded them on to the proper comune for registration.

I am still missing any birth/baptism of my grandfather. The only child out of 11 children born that I do not have any record of. Half of the children were born in Lercara Friddi and the other half born in Tunisia.

The Prelature in Tunis has searched through all of their parishes to locate any record and so far none have been found. Lercara Friddi just completed a search over a 5 year period and had not located his record. I did learn that shortly after the births of the children in Tunisia the parents had registered one of them in Lercara Friddi. It was suggested to me that they may have registered the others in the comune of Roccapiemonte which was the birthplace of my great grandfather.

My question is what would I specifically request from that comune? I am not sure what year the births would have been recorded. I do know the actual birth dates. But as shown in the record from Lercara Friddi that birth was entered in the year they were notified. Copies of what I received are linked below:

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... img312.jpg
http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... img313.jpg

Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

Return to “Italian Genealogy”