Trucano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
meganitaly88

Trucano

Postby meganitaly88 » 23 Feb 2011, 19:48

My last name is Trucano. I am curious as to what part of Italy it comes from and what does it mean it italian?..any ideas..

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Trucano

Postby maestra36 » 23 Feb 2011, 19:56

The surname seems to be prevalent in the northwest region of Italy in the Province of Torino.

I don't believe the name has a meaning in Italian.

meganitaly88

Postby meganitaly88 » 23 Feb 2011, 20:01

Thank you. I have been researching my family and there's a bunch of last names that i keep coming across...and there all italian..and I've heard that it may be from that region. the name Colombara keeps coming up too..i havent quite figured out how it fits into my family puzzle but i will...but thank you for your help.

Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Maurizio » 24 Feb 2011, 20:15

Hi.
I can confirm you Trucano is a surname originally present almost exclusively in the Province of Turin (Piemonte, N-W Italy). Its origin should be in a village called Borgiallo, where it's still present.
As for Colombara, years ago I got in touch with someone with that surname: he lives in your same town (and, if I correctly remember, he too has a Trucano in his ancestry tree). Here's the link to his profile here: joec96.
Hope this helps.

Ciao,
Maurizio

P.S.: Also, you may find interesting taking a look at this website: jqmorris.com

meganitaly88

Postby meganitaly88 » 25 Feb 2011, 15:07

Maurizio,

Thank you for your information. I believe that joe and I are actually cousins. =] I have tried contacting him but it seems he doesnt get online much. thank you for the info.

Ciao,
Megan

meganitaly88

Postby meganitaly88 » 25 Feb 2011, 15:10

I looked at the site, and im wondering if those people are my ancestors. i have a grandmother named domenica and it says her fathers name was jos martina..but..it says they have a child named Joe. i wonder now...

Return to “Italian Genealogy”