The Guarashio's & The Guaracio's

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Guarashio

The Guarashio's & The Guaracio's

Postby Guarashio » 26 Feb 2011, 06:13

I was looking into information about the realtionship between the Guarashio's and the Guaracio's. Considering the fact I'm a Guarashio I am very interested in are family history. But I have searched numerous websites, and only gotten results for Rosie Guarashio, Joe Guarashio, Thomas Guarashio, and Carol Guarashio, people I have all heard of, but what about the sibilings of Thomas Guarashio and the others. I know that Rosie Guarashio's husband Joe died in 1970, leaving her years to have remarried or have gotten a divorce from Joe, still making Thomas have sibilings that are not known as Guarashio's. But still looking into the parents of Joe Guarashio are unknown to my family and I. There are not many of us left making it hard to find out more information, but if you can find Joe Guarashio's parents or link Thomas Guarashio to some of the unkown sibilings using his mother Rosie Guarashio, that would be very helpful. Thank you.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: The Guarashio's & The Guaracio's

Postby liviomoreno » 26 Feb 2011, 06:52

Guarashio is NOT an Italian surname. In Italian we do not have the SH group of letters and also Guaracio does not exist as a surname.
I believe that Guarashio is just an English deformation of Guarascio. The SC group is pronounced SH.
Guarascio is rather popular in the Cosenza province.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 26 Feb 2011, 17:13

Hi,
you are searching for this peoples:

Rosie Guarashio
U.S. Social Security Death Index birth: 12 July 1911
death: 8 June 2003 — Wayne, Michigan

Thomas Guarashio
U.S. Social Security Death Index birth: 23 October 1931
death: February 1989 — Detroit, Wayne, Michigan

Joe Guarashio
U.S. Social Security Death Index birth: 23 May 1904
death: August 1970 — Garden City, Wayne, Michigan

Carol M Guarashio
U.S. Social Security Death Index birth: 24 December 1934
death: 18 July 2009 — Macomb, Michigan

If Thomas Guarashio was the son of Joe Guarashio as I believe, I think that this topic can help you

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... ashio.html

because a Giuseppe Guarascio born in 1904 in San Giovanni in Fiore emigrated in 1913 and the father was Tommaso Guarascio, so by italian tradition abt first names ( paternal grandfather first name-first grandson equal first name), it is possible that the above topic could be helpful abt the peoples that you are searching for, maybe....
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Guarashio

Postby Guarashio » 26 Feb 2011, 18:00

Thank you, the both of you. But as I was reading the suggested article, that suanj suggested to me, I'm guessing Giuseppe was later turned into Joe, making his wife Marie, which in fact she was. Also, I just wanted to be 100% correct here, but the Guarashio's and the Guarascio's are in fact related, since the mistake in the name made when they were signing in at Elise Island.

Totonno
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Totonno » 01 Mar 2011, 06:59

Hi take a look to this link and tell me if it was useful
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... amily.html
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Guaracio

Postby Guaracio » 09 Oct 2011, 17:13

I really need some help. My grandmother Susie Guaracio and her mother came to Clarksburg, WV in May of 1907.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”