Searching for the surnames Piazza, Fortunato, and Stillo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jfgirl786

Searching for the surnames Piazza, Fortunato, and Stillo

Postby jfgirl786 » 26 Feb 2011, 14:52

Any information on these familes would be very much appriciated! The Stillo family came from Isca sul Ionio in Calbria Italy. They moved to Northumberland county in Pennsylvania. I hear from family they changed their name from stillo to stellar which was my grandmothers maiden name.

The Piazza family i have very little on. I hear they came from sicily. Mandfredo Piazza married a Rose. They also moved to Pennsylvania.

Unfortunatly i do not have any dates nobody in my family remembers dates very well.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Searching for the surnames Piazza, Fortunato, and Stillo

Postby adelfio » 26 Feb 2011, 15:42

Welcome to the site. First off do you have any first names for the Stillo family?
and is this Manfredi Piazza looking at the address click on the prompt

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6656/manfr.jpg

Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

jfgirl786

Postby jfgirl786 » 26 Feb 2011, 16:41

Some names in the Stillo family are Ralph Stillo who is my great-grandfather. He had 5 siblings: Dominic,Joseph, Louis, Charles and Teresa. Dominic Stillo moved back to Italy after coming to America and had two kids Ralph and Bruno. Louis Stillo married a Jenny Nimeo(sp?) and had 12 children whose names were Anna, Elaine,Teresa,Gloria,Rosemarie, Genevieve, Salvator, Bernard, Edward, Raymond, William and Joseph. Joseph Stillo(ralphs brother) married Catherine Sinoplli and had 3 kids Dominic, Carl and Paul. Charles had 5 children but I don't know the wife's name, the childrens names are Charles Jr, Micheal, Robert, Catherine, and Anna. Teresa Stillo married Tony Gidaro and they had 9 children Victor, Daniel, Louis, Alvert, Joe, Charlie, Josephine, Anna and Lena.

I am waiting for possible dates from my aunt on the Piazza family. Mandfredo and Rose did have 12 children though. Those names are Concetta, Mary, Jean, Fred, Sarah, Joe, Ann, Rose, Christopher, Josephine, Frances, and Frank

jfgirl786

Postby jfgirl786 » 26 Feb 2011, 16:49

Ralph Stillo had a daughter named Elenor who was my grandmother.
Jennifer:)

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 26 Feb 2011, 16:55

Is that the right address on the document in the 2nd message just click on image shack prompt
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

jfgirl786

Postby jfgirl786 » 26 Feb 2011, 17:01

I believe it is.
Jennifer:)

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 26 Feb 2011, 18:17

Possible 1930 census for Piazza / Piazzi
1930 United States Federal Census
about Manfredo Piazzi Name: Manfredo Piazzi
Home in 1930: Phillipsburg, Warren, New Jersey
View Map
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1877
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Rose Piazzi
Race: White

Education:

Military service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace: View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Manfredo Piazzi 53
Rose Piazzi 47
Cristopher Piazzi 21
Frances Piazzi 17
Rose Piazzi 15
Genieve Piazzi 13
Fredrick Piazzi 11
Sarah Piazzi 9
Joseph Piazzi 4 10/12
Anna Piazzi 3 4/12

Marty A

Marty

piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Postby piazza16428 » 04 Mar 2011, 20:12

I believe that I have much of the information that you are searching for regarding Manfredo Piazza and Rosina Labue. You may want to check out our family tree at www.piazzafamiglia.tribalpages.com

JosephB

Postby JosephB » 07 Nov 2011, 04:47

Hi,
I have another branch of the Stillo family in my tree. Their name was changed to Stello at Ellis island. They used to talk about their Stellar "cousins" in Kulpmont. From what I can determine, Ralph Stillo's parents were Guiseppi Stillo and Anna Calabretta Guiseppi's parents were Guiseppi Pasquale Stillo and Barabra Gidaro. His brother was Antonio Stillo who was my great grandfather.
Best Wishes,
Joe

mbakeroo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mbakeroo » 11 Jun 2015, 21:28

I know this original post is a few years old but I too am looking for Stillo from Isca. My great-grandfather (Saverio or Salvatore) came over about 1903. Born approximately 1880. Married, had two children and settled in Haverstraw, New York (Rockland County). Unfortunately he died of TB in 1909. My great-grandmother remarried and never told anyone of his existence until many, many years later. As such the information is difficult to trace.

I have just now located his death certificate. This lists his father as Francesco (which may make sense since their first son was named Frank). It shows his mother as Francis Mafrici.

Any possible information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Maria

Return to “Italian Genealogy”