Looking for information about Bonnes Family, Trieste, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Looking for information about Bonnes Family, Trieste, Italy

Postby Carol48 » 15 Aug 2004, 02:23

I am looking for any information about the Bonnes family. Father was born in Trieste Italy about 1911 or 1910. Left italy at age of 15 or 16. Father's name is Anthony. Do not know if Bonnes was real name. Please reply if you have any idea. Thank You
Carol48

Re: Looking for information about Bonnes Family, Trieste, It

Postby ptimber » 15 Aug 2004, 04:46

Bonnes is indeed a real surname in Trieste. In fact there are 12 listings for Bonne in Trieste who may be related to you. Since there are no civil records on microfilm for the city of Trieste you can go to www.paginbebianche.it and insert Bonnes int he first line and TRIESTE in the third line and click CERCA. I would then write one letter and mail it to all persons surfnamed Bonnes and ask them if they know your family. Have you gone to ellisisland.org for his arrival data into the USA as an immigrant. That will give you more data as well. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for information about Bonnes Family, Trieste, It

Postby emmausb » 01 Jan 2006, 16:56

Carol48 wrote:I am looking for any information about the Bonnes family. Father was born in Trieste Italy about 1911 or 1910. Left italy at age of 15 or 16. Father's name is Anthony. Do not know if Bonnes was real name. Please reply if you have any idea. Thank You

Hi Carol, Yes we are KIN!!!
My father is your cousin of first grade! Infact, he is son of a brother of your father!
Your grandfather, Luigi Bonnes, was born 1863, and your grandmother was Maria Lousier!
Your grandfather was my great-grandfather!
I have told my father (he is 85 years old) that I have saw your question and he is very happy, and he hopes to can know something about you and your family! I hope to receive early your news... for the moment Happy New Year!!!
Emmanuele
emmausb

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy