Research in Castelfranco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Gviola

Research in Castelfranco

Postby Gviola » 11 Mar 2011, 16:35

Has anyone done any family history research in the town Castelfranco Veneto?

I've been in contact with the local archives but now I need to find church records.

Does anyone know which churches would probably contain family records from before 1871.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Research in Castelfranco

Postby adelfio » 12 Mar 2011, 01:27

There is alot of churches in the town of Castelfranco Veneto here is the list

http://www.paginegialle.it/pgol/4-chies ... o%20Veneto
Letters to church parish
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... rishpriest
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Gviola

Postby Gviola » 12 Mar 2011, 15:00

Adelfo.

Thanks for your reply. I've looked at the list. What is my best option. Should I write to each church, or is there one more likely to have what I'm looking for. What approach should I take to narrow down the choices?

Gary

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 12 Mar 2011, 15:21

Did you try writing to the comune of Castelfranco Veneto before going to the church? Are you postive on the town also because there are many different Castelfranco"s Italy, Cosenza, Castrolibero,Italy, Modena, Castelfranco,Italy, Rieti, Castelfranco

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Gviola

Postby Gviola » 12 Mar 2011, 15:48

I've been in contact with the comune of Castelfranco Veneto and have had success. The trail stops with my great grandfather. The comune does not have any records prior to 1871. They sent me a letter and suggested I contact the local parishes. I'm fairly new at researching family history. That's why I came looking for advice about church records. Maybe I'll have to write to each parrish.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 12 Mar 2011, 17:27

Was there any address on there birth records or other records you have maybe the streets are still there and get the closest church to the address usually it will say Via something ??? on the records
Marty

Marty

Gviola

Postby Gviola » 12 Mar 2011, 18:16

The two documents I've received from the comune don't show any address on the birth record. I think I'll write to the oldest churches and hopefully get a response. I have sent 2 emails to one church but so far they have not responded. I've found some family in the town and they are starting to help as well. In the future I may actually travel to Italy. So I also need to find out what is required to search church and state archives in person.

Gary

Return to “Italian Genealogy”