Romano,Nigrelli,Piazza,Ristagno Mussomeli/Piazza Armerina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Romano,Nigrelli,Piazza,Ristagno Mussomeli/Piazza Armerina

Postby Romano1970 » 18 Mar 2011, 15:18

Hello all. This is a post from two years back but since the genealogy family here has doubled since the post was first entered I thought it may be a good idea to repost. I know that sometimes it is tedious to scroll back through all the pages here. Not to say that no one does ( I do all the time) but you nver know.

My Grandfather LORENZO ROMANO born Feb 2 1889 in Piazza Armerina or Aidone Siciy. He came to Amerca Via Palermo Sicily on Sept 5 1913 on the ship SS Palermo. It is believed he came through Boston, He settled in Passaic NJ with a group that sailed with him on the Palermo. They stayed at 330 Passaic street Passaic NJ with cousin SEBESTIANO PAPALIA. His Parents were SALVATORE FILIPPO ROMANO and MARIA FILIPPA RISTAGNO. I am looking for information from Sicily regarding more concise details of family. The amount of brothers and sisters my grandfather had where they immigrated to and the like. I do have information that one of his siblings (a sister ) Angela moved to Australia after a marriage in Sicily. Her decendants last name I belive is INSABELLA.

If ther is anyone here that joined after april 2008 and has information, please feel free to contact me.

My Grandmother Was Carmela Gaetana Salvatrice NIGELLI born Sept 7 1893 in Mussomeli. Her Parents Francesco NIGRELLI and Mariana PIAZZA.

Thank you in advance
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”