The Failla (Faia) Family Who Served Sicilian Kings

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

The Failla (Faia) Family Who Served Sicilian Kings

Postby siskojnash » 19 Mar 2011, 00:24

I have been researching the family of my fiancee's mother. I'm starting to think that it's possible her family may be a noble family, having served at least one Sicilian king and supposed to have emigrated to Castelbuono with a Baron Ventimiglia.
Does anyone have any information about this family, maybe web pages about the history of the Failla family, or maybe lines of descent for the family? Apparently, at one point, the family was called Faia and came from France. I would really like to learn more about all this. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

pink67
Master
Master

Re: The Failla (Faia) Family Who Served Sicilian Kings

Postby pink67 » 20 Mar 2011, 20:05

You can check this website about all the Nobles Families of Sicilia...

http://www.regione.sicilia.it/benicultu ... ango.htm#F

Laura

siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Re: The Failla (Faia) Family Who Served Sicilian Kings

Postby siskojnash » 20 Mar 2011, 22:08

Thank you very much. I saw the family crests for different families there, but not much actual history or information about what they did. I don't think the Failla family was listed there. There was another family who was supposed to have known my fiancee's Faillas in Castelbuono, though. That family was the Cusimano family.
That really makes me more curious about both families. What was it that made them noble? And were they connected to the individuals I have in my fiancee's tree? Do you think there would be lines of descent posted somewhere about the families? People used to try to prove they had noble blood, right? I would love to find some ready-made trees with that information!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”