Got letter back in Italian....help?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tracisnails
Rookie
Rookie

Got letter back in Italian....help?

Postby tracisnails » 15 Apr 2011, 06:53

ok does this mean that I need to provide proof that he is my great grandfather?

"con riferimento alla sua richiesta si trasmette l'estratto dell'atto di mascita di Bullara Peitro, per essere certa cae il suo bianonno sia la stressa persona indicata nell'estratto, dovra controllare la paternita e la maternita distinti saluti"?

and....is this telling me that my great grandfathers parents are Sebatioan and Alphonsa?

"dal registro degli atti di nascita di questo Comune, anno-serie-parte e numero sopra indicati, risulta che: il giorno dieci del mese di marzo dell'anno milleottocentoottantaotto e nato/a in Bivona. Bullara Pietro figlio di Sebastiano e di Greco Alfonsa di sesso maschile. Nessuna Annotazione"

Please Help me....

tracisnails
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Got letter back in Italian....help?

Postby tracisnails » 15 Apr 2011, 07:02

oh and does milleottocentoottantaotto mean the year 1888? this would not translate

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 15 Apr 2011, 07:27

tracisnails wrote:ok does this mean that I need to provide proof that he is my great grandfather?

"con riferimento alla sua richiesta si trasmette l'estratto dell'atto di mascita di Bullara Peitro, per essere certa cae il suo bianonno sia la stressa persona indicata nell'estratto, dovra controllare la paternita e la maternita distinti saluti"?
with reference to your request we are sending the birth act of Bullara Pietro, to be sure that your ggrandfather is the same person of this act you should check the parents' names

and....is this telling me that my great grandfathers parents are Sebatioan and Alphonsa?

"dal registro degli atti di nascita di questo Comune, anno-serie-parte e numero sopra indicati, risulta che: il giorno dieci del mese di marzo dell'anno milleottocentoottantaotto e nato/a in Bivona. Bullara Pietro figlio di Sebastiano e di Greco Alfonsa di sesso maschile. Nessuna Annotazione"
from the birth register of this Comune, year and record number above mentioned, it appears that: on 1888 March ten, in Bivona was born Bullara Pietro, male, son of Sebastiano Bullara and of Alfonsa Greco. No annotations.
Please Help me....

jay gulbin
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jay gulbin » 15 Apr 2011, 14:48

how long did it take for you to receive this letter and information. I am looking at doing the same thing.

Jay

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 15 Apr 2011, 15:01

You will find that some comuni locate, copy, and mail records within a matter of days after receiving a request. :D

Others will take from several weeks to a few months. :)

Others will never respond at all, in spite of repeated attempts. For these, the best option is to hire a researcher located in Italy to act on your behalf. :cry:
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

tracisnails
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tracisnails » 15 Apr 2011, 15:04

Livio thank you so mvery much! :wink:

Jay: this letter came back with in a month or so of sending it. I was surprised to see it at all. I didnt think it would come back.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”