Family Certificate?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jay gulbin
Rookie
Rookie

Family Certificate?

Postby jay gulbin » 15 Apr 2011, 20:00

When asking for documents, what should you ask for when writing a town in Italy. What is a certificate of Family?

Jay

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Family Certificate?

Postby adelfio » 16 Apr 2011, 01:20

Here is some reading about italian records and the State of the Family [Stato di famiglia] info is in the reading
https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Italy_ ... al_Records

Here is a letter I used to send for a copy of State of family not a extract you can see I have the father and mothers names and dates wheen they imigrated and the childrens names and dates Im asking for a copy of the record and if they dont have it where can I get it and if there is a price let me know what it is.I included a self address envelope with italian postage on it. I have acquired some italian stamps it cost 1.60 euro now for a letter to the USA so it makes it easier for the comune to return letters
UFFICIO ANAGRAFE di Trabia
il 12 Aprile 2011
Egregi Signori,
Vi sarei grato se potreste esaminare i vostri registri e spedirmi un Estratto per copia integrale certificato di stato di famiglia per la seguente famiglia, che si crede sia emigrata dall vostro citt… negli Stati Uniti d'America verso il 1899]:
Mariano Adelfio nato verso il 7 febbraio 1868
Giuseppa Butera sua moglie, nato verso il 17 novembre 1871
Giuseppa, nato nel settembre 1894
Antonnia, nato il 12 ottobre 1897
Salvatore, nato il 12 novembre 1898
Vi prego di informarmi se sia possibile ottenere delle fotocopie dei vostri registri e di farmi sapere il costo delle copie. . Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di farmi sapere il costo del vostro aiuto e come posso effettuare il pagamento.
Vi ringrazio gentilmente per il Vostro aiuto.
Cordialmente vostro,
Name and address email

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

jay gulbin
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Family Certificate?

Postby jay gulbin » 16 Apr 2011, 04:49

Thank you, that was great reading. Now hopefully the city of Arquata el Tronto keeps those records. That is the document that I asked for.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”