Family history help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Whybu

Family history help

Postby Whybu » 22 Apr 2011, 15:10

I am looking for anyone who has information on the history of the Pagotto family. I know they came from the Treviso area. My side came to the USA and is decended from Frank Pagotto. Any help woud be appreciated. I know there is a Pagotto family in Sao Paulo Brazil but I lost their contact info.

Thanks

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Family history help

Postby johnnyonthespot » 22 Apr 2011, 15:52

Was Frank (Francesco?) the person who emigrated from Italy to the US? Can you estimate his year of birth?

Any chance this is him?

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Francesco Pagotto
Name: Francesco Pagotto
Arrival Date: 27 Apr 1906
Birth Year: abt 1876
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (North) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Havre
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: La Provence

Line 2 on this image. Click once to enlarge; click again for maximum magnification.

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Whybu

Postby Whybu » 22 Apr 2011, 15:56

Yes that is him. We have records beginning with the imigration but I am looking for anything older than that. I have seen two differant family crests (not from the on-line sites) and would be interested in which is correct. Also trying to tie the Brazil line and the US line.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 22 Apr 2011, 16:57

If he was actually born (and married?) in Treviso, you can try contacting the comune and requesting his birth and marriage records. The address would be:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Treviso
Piazza Rinaldi, 1/A
31100 Treviso TV
ITALY

email: stato.civile@comune.treviso.it
web: http://www.comune.treviso.it/

Write in Italian; sample letters can be found at:

http://italiangenealogy.com/forum/viewt ... 07#p108741

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

In addition, there are several Pagotto's listed in the Italian telephone directory for Treviso. You may wish to try contacting one or more of them: http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... eviso&l=en Also, consider searching Facebook.com
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 22 Apr 2011, 18:42

I found also another trip from Canada to U.S, and I am positive that could be your ancestor:
Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956
about Francesco Pagoto
Name: Francesco Pagoto (Pagotto)
Arrival Date: 19 Sep 1906
Port of Arrival: Buffalo, New York, United States
Arrival Contact: Cousin Pietro Perinoto( Perinotto)
Birth Date: abt 1876
Birth Place: Venice, Italy
Birth Country: Italy
Race/Nationality: Italian
Record has photo?: No
Record Type: Cards

In USA from apr 1906..
http://img847.imageshack.us/i/pagotto.jpg/
the final destination is Danielsville..:
Social Security Death Index about Frank Pagotto
Name: Frank Pagotto
SSN: XXXXXXXXXX
Last Residence: 18038 Danielsville, Northampton, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Born: 18 Oct 1875
Died: Jan 1967
State (Year) SSN issued: Pennsylvania (1966)

if this is your ancestor, and if the birthdate is right, I no found it in the military records database in Treviso archive ( all communes in Treviso province: men born from 1874 to 1880)...
maybe finding the WWI draft registration card we can know if really was born in Treviso town or in some commune of Treviso province, or if Treviso on the ship's manifest was only last residence....
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Whybu

Postby Whybu » 22 Apr 2011, 20:05

Looks like he might have been born in Venice according to the crossing paperwork. Could be we have bad info; according to my grandfather his dad never talked about the old country.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 22 Apr 2011, 20:56

Heres a possible WWII draft card for Frank Pagotto says born in Castells Rogansolo,Treviso region Veneto Italy

pagatto.jpg

Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 22 Apr 2011, 21:05

Castello Roganzuolo (Castél in Venetian language) is a frazione of San Fior comune (municipality) in the Province of Treviso in the Italian region Veneto, located on Conegliano hills (famous for productions of wine, especially prosecco) about 50 km north of Venice and about 30 km northeast of Treviso.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 22 Apr 2011, 21:19

Whybu wrote:Looks like he might have been born in Venice according to the crossing paperwork. Could be we have bad info; according to my grandfather his dad never talked about the old country.
maybe Francesco really born in Treviso or Treviso area and it could be possible that the military records in Treviso archive database is no complete to 100%....
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

cathiapagotto

Postby cathiapagotto » 21 Nov 2011, 16:55

Can anyone post the Pagotto family crest? I've been looking for it everywhere. I used to have one on my old computer, but lost it when it crashed. I'd love to make a print for my family for christmas. Can anyone help?

Thank-you!

C Pagotto

Return to “Italian Genealogy”