santa maria del taro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
thebarn

santa maria del taro

Postby thebarn » 16 May 2011, 23:30

researching ancestors, Santa Maria del Taro. Anyone have information on accessing records in that area, civil, church etc?
Particular interest in Brizzolari/Brizzalari/Brizzalara

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: santa maria del taro

Postby liviomoreno » 21 May 2011, 16:01

Santa Maria del Taro is a hamlet of Tornolo (Parma Province)You may ask for vital records to:

Comunte di Tornolo
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Promenade 1
43059 Tornolo PR
Italy

email tornolo @ comune.tornolo.pr.it

Form letters in Italian can be found at:

www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/ and www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html

thebarn

Postby thebarn » 06 Jun 2011, 20:54

many thanks for your reply, am getting straight onto it

Wendely

Postby Wendely » 10 Aug 2011, 17:34

Many years ago, I researched this area - the Family History Center had microfilms of the records. I added many Brizzolaris to my family tree as I know they are related to me somehow. If you give me some names, I will look and see if I have them. My ancestor is Ciriaco Rocco Brizzolari, born about 1793. All I know is that his father was Giuseppe. Of course, his was the only birth record I couldn't find in the records.

boozy.bird
Rookie
Rookie

Postby boozy.bird » 13 Aug 2011, 19:59

Hi Wendely
I would be interested in recieving details of any Brizzolari BMD acts that you have as I have connections to Brizzolari family in Mezzanago area.

Wendely

Postby Wendely » 14 Aug 2011, 03:46

Hi!

Is Mezzanago near Borzonasca or Sopralacroce? My great-grandparents Giuseppe Oresto Vittorio Brizzolari (called Oresto) and Clelia Massa Brizzolari came over from Italy in 1902. Clelia was from that area, but I also think Oresto had relatives there. He was actually born in Tuscany and his father's family was from Parma.

If you give me some names, I can see what I have. I haven't had any luck so far researching in the Borzonasca or Sopralacroce area, except with Brizzolaris who came to the U.S. from there.

Do you think all Brizzolaris are related? I think maybe they are.

boozy.bird
Rookie
Rookie

Postby boozy.bird » 15 Aug 2011, 11:12

Hi
The Brizzolari members that I have a the moment are
Maria born 1876 in Genoa
Rocco born 1878 in Genoa
Angelo born 1887 in Genoa
I think that there may also have been an Angela but unsure....it may be a mis spelling of Angelo.
They were children of Antonio.
I think that thier family came from the Mezzanago/Borzanasca are of Genoa or not far from there.
They migrated to England in the late 1800s with other Genovians.(Some from Santa Maria Del Taro)
Maria married in England in 1900 to Dominico Spinetto also born in Mezzanago/Bozanasca area. After Dominicos death Maria then married Luigi Anginotti,also known as Longinotti, Louis was also believed to be from the same area.
Any info would be helpful.
Thank you

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 16 Aug 2011, 11:01

Wendely wrote:Hi!

Is Mezzanago near Borzonasca or Sopralacroce? My great-grandparents Giuseppe Oresto Vittorio Brizzolari (called Oresto) and Clelia Massa Brizzolari came over from Italy in 1902. Clelia was from that area, but I also think Oresto had relatives there. He was actually born in Tuscany and his father's family was from Parma.

If you give me some names, I can see what I have. I haven't had any luck so far researching in the Borzonasca or Sopralacroce area, except with Brizzolaris who came to the U.S. from there.

Do you think all Brizzolaris are related? I think maybe they are.

The (payment) site Ancestry.com has just a few little databases of Borzonasca, this morning I checked them and found the File of the Marriage "allegati" about Clelia and Giuseppe...

Brizzolari Giuseppe Oreste Vittorio was born in Fiorenzuola (Firenze province - Tuscany region) but was resident in La Spezia at the time of his marriage. He was a dealer.
He was born in Fiorenzuola on the day 27 january 1862 at 8 p.m., son of Giovanni (son of the living Ciriaco)and Assunta Benelli (daughter of the living Andrea) both farmers. He was baptized on the day 20 january 1862.

Massa Clelia was born in Borzonasca (locality Sopralacroce) on the day 4 august 1875. Daughter of Giuseppe and Bacigalupo Caterina.
At the time of her marrige her father Giuseppe was already dead while her mother was living in Sopralacroce.

Cover page:
http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/View. ... io.1902.68

page 1 (first marriage bann):
http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view. ... gskw=&cr=1

page 2 (second marriage bann):

page 3 (marriage bann in the town of La Spezia)

page 4 (Giuseppe's 1862 baptism act in Fiorenzuola):

page 5 (Birth Act of Clelia Massa in Borzonasca):

Laura

boozy.bird
Rookie
Rookie

Postby boozy.bird » 16 Aug 2011, 14:21

Thank you Laura

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 16 Aug 2011, 14:35

Prego!

Laura

thebarn

Postby thebarn » 21 Aug 2011, 19:00

thanks to all for the info on Brizzolari.
my info;
ANTONIO -possible also -GIRILIMO, born 1854? - married to MARIA CATERINA
Children - MARIA + ROCCO (my grandfather) + ANGELO AGOSTINO, all who emigrated to England late 1880,s
Family folk lore says one brother, GIOVANNI? remained in Italy
All are said to orignate from Santa Maria del Taro, Comunale of Tornolo.
I have copies of Marriage Certificates for Rocco - Maria and Angelo and can also supply info on their offspring if anyone wants it.
Wendely - as you can see, all my info is post ANTONIO, anything in the church records for prior?
MezzanEgo is near Borzonasa

boozy.bird
Rookie
Rookie

Postby boozy.bird » 21 Aug 2011, 21:05

Hi The Barn
I would be interested in hearing from you as I have information about members of your family you can email me via my website http://www.west-bar-italians.co.uk x

Wendely

Postby Wendely » 09 Sep 2011, 11:45

Wow, thank you, Laura! How did you find that? I really would love to print all the records out and look at them. I did find some Bacigalupo entries and will look for more Massa.

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 09 Sep 2011, 16:35

You're welcome! :D

Laura

Wendely

Postby Wendely » 13 Sep 2011, 09:26

Hi all!

I am just now sorting through my Italy notes and will keep an eye out for your Brizzolaris. The earliest Brizzolari record I have recorded is from 1698 in Santa Maria del Taro. I really wish I could have copied them all, but that would have taken forever. I am also going through the Borzonasca records to look for Brizzolaris. I have started a Brizzolari Family Research group on Facebook if anyone is interested in joining.

One question - I've come across some records of births in other places (U.S. and England). Was it a requirement that those had to be sent back to Italy in those days?
Wendely

Return to “Italian Genealogy”