Can I get two "copia integrale" Attos from one request?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tbehler
Rookie
Rookie

Can I get two "copia integrale" Attos from one request?

Postby tbehler » 17 May 2011, 21:16

Hi Everyone...

Although I was successful in locating "pel decennio" index records for my greatgrandfather Giuseppe Luca's birth and marriage, in LDS Family History Center microfilms, I have not been able to find the full "Atto di Nascita" or "Matrimonio" records. (Sadly, for his Atto di Nascita, I managed to find the film for the correct book, because his "index" record was at the end of it; but Atto records 27 through 33 [his was record 28] were missing...how frustrating)!

Since I have the "pel decennio" records, which identify the book/volume and record numbers, I'm hoping Palermo's Stato Civile can quickly locate them.

I believe I need to ask for a "copia integrale dell'atto di nascita" and a "copia integrale dell'atto di Matrimonio" to get the full Atto copies. But I have two worries. #1 is whether Palermo's Stato Civile will actually provide them. #2 is whether they would provide both the Nascita and Matrimonio Atto's from the same handwritten request.

Has anyone had success in requesting two such "copia integrale" records at the same time from Palermo's Stato Civile?

P.S. Many thanks to the generous folk on this forum who have provided sample letters for such requests!

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Can I get two "copia integrale" Attos from one request?

Postby adelfio » 18 May 2011, 07:06

Just so you know when looking at FHL films I use the indexes but I always go through all the records because I have found records not listed on the index and were in the registry its alot of researching but it has paid off for me numerous times.
As long as your requesting the same person there should be no problem in getting two records. I have gotten two records before for the same person

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 18 May 2011, 16:12

My maternal grandparents came from Malvito in Cosenza province. The first time I wrote, I requested birth certificates for both plus their marriage certificate. I quickly received all three documents both in estratto from and in copia integrale.

Some months later, I requested the birth acts for my mother's two Italy-born sisters; received both a few weeks later.

Perhaps a year later, I requested the birth, marriage, and death certificates for all four of my maternal great-grandparents. A few weeks passed before I received all 10 estratti (which I specifically requested) in one envelope.

Malvito has been very kind to me. :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

tbehler
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tbehler » 18 May 2011, 20:53

Hey, thanks you guys, that's wonderful news!

P.S. In the LDS microfilms, I did manage to find the "Atto...Matrimonio" for Giuseppe's parents, Giacomo Luca and Rosalia Salerno. All four pages and I've managed to get about 90% of it translated. Though just a photocopy, it's still really satisfying to have such a document [one hundred and seventy years old!] in my possesion.

Ciao!

tbehler
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tbehler » 20 May 2011, 05:09

Hey...

I just had a nervous chill!

I'm familiar with an "Atto della Solenne Promessa di Celebrare il Matrimonio"...that's what I found for Giuseppe's parents. But the only reference I've found to a full photocopy of a marriage record is a "copia integrale dell'atto di Matrimonio". Is that going to actually be a copy of the "Atto della Solenne Promessa di Celebrare il Matrimonio"; or will the "copia integrale dell'atto di Matrimonio" be of a different sort of marriage document?

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 20 May 2011, 06:01

Here you go look at these click to enlarge
https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Italia ... anslations

Marriage Banns [pubblicazioni, notificazioni, memorandum]. You may find records that show a couple’s intent to marry in addition to or instead of actual marriage records. The following are various records that may have been created to show a couple’s intent to marry.

Proclamation, allegations, or banns [notificazioni, pubblicazioni, memorandum].These notifications were made a few weeks before a couple planned to marry. The couple may have been required to announce their intended marriage to give other community members the opportunity to raise any objections to the marriage. If one member of the bridal party lived elsewhere, banns were posted in that community also. If you know that a marriage took place but cannot find it in the marriage records of the community, search the marriage banns. It may be posted there and lead you to the community where the marriage actually took place.

Supporting documents [processetti or allegati]. These documents were often filed by the bride and groom in support of their intent or "solemn promise" to marry. Records proving their births and their parents’ births and deaths and sometimes documentation on earlier generations may be included. The names of former spouses and their death dates are also provided.(Provided from family search )

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

tbehler
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tbehler » 20 May 2011, 18:29

Ahhh, thank you Marty, that was just what I needed. And that link to the FamilySearch Wiki is priceless, too. I had never seen an Atto di Matrimonio before.

(Now, whichever Atto marriage document Palermo's Stato Civile sends back, pleeeeeeeeeeease let it confirm that Giuseppe was a barber!)

;-]

Return to “Italian Genealogy”