Family LAFRANCA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rvdb

Family LAFRANCA

Postby rvdb » 09 Sep 2004, 11:34

Who can help to find the ancestors of the family Lafranca from Cavergno (Switserland). I think it's a family coming from Italy.

Who can help?

Rob van den Berge
Holland

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Family [b]LAFRANCA[/b]

Postby suanj » 09 Sep 2004, 12:37

rvdb wrote:Who can help to find the ancestors of the family Lafranca from Cavergno (Switserland). I think it's a family coming from Italy.

Who can help?

Rob van den Berge
Holland

Hi Rob, Cavergno is in italian Switzerland.. and Cavergno town is in Val Maggia area... about Lafranca(or Also La Franca) surname, is an italian surname of sicilian origin sure, in the past present mainly in Palermo area:Villabate, Partinico, Palermo, Castellammare del Golfo, Realmonte, Masserano, Balestrate, Caltanissetta, Cinisi, Monte S. Giuliano, Gibellina, S. Ninfa, and sure the Lafranca branche in Switzerland coming from Sicily branche.. currently this surname is very rare in Italy why many italian Lafranca people are emigrated in the past...
regards, suanj

Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Re: Family LAFRANCA

Postby Edmondo » 09 Sep 2004, 15:29

Hoi Rob,

Nederlandstalige bezoekers krijgen van mij altijd een speciaal welkom :D
Ik hoop dat ItalianGenealogy.com een goede ondersteuning voor je zal zijn in je onderzoek naar de Lafranca familie.

Mvg,

Edmondo

rvdb

Postby rvdb » 10 Sep 2004, 14:28

Hai Suanj,

Thank you for answering.

Can you tell where I the information of La Franca can get in Sicily?
And how I can be sure that the family La Franca really came from Sicily?

Thank you

Rob

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 10 Sep 2004, 15:23

rvdb wrote:Hai Suanj,

Thank you for answering.

Can you tell where I the information of La Franca can get in Sicily?
And how I can be sure that the family La Franca really came from Sicily?

Thank you

Rob

Hi:
- Lafranca(or La Franca) surname around 1900 year was present in Cavergno, in fact are also an Enrico Lafranca son of Tranquillo emigrated in USA and coming from Cavergno (Switzerland).. For know exactly italian origin of Lafranca from Cavergno are necessary know emigration data in Switzerland..

-more: all various records found about this rare italian surname(LAFRANCA) are from Sicily ... also the Lafranca persons emigrated in various Countries, all coming from Sicily...

-more: Lafranca surname are also an version of
Lofranco surname present mainly in Sicily (same town of Lafranca), for exemple:
http://sicilianfamilytree.com/misilmerideaths.htm (and small presence in Basilicata region) ...
and
-LaFranco other surname version very ancient around 1650 year in Piemonte region...

regards, suanj

rvdb

Postby rvdb » 10 Sep 2004, 15:36

Hai Suanj,
Again thanks for answering

By the way where do you live?

This is what I got so far, maybe you see something to help me?

Antonio Lafranca sposato con Maddaleno Dalessi
il loro figlio: Guiseppe Lafranca nato 03-07-1829 Cavergno,sposato 10-02-1856 Cavergno con Maddalena Dado
il loro figlio: Paolo Severino Lafranca nato 14-10-1873 Cavergno, morto 20-09-1912 Roveredo,sposato 12-01-1905 Rhoon (Olanda) con Jacoba Petronella Bresser.

Rob

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 10 Sep 2004, 17:21

rvdb wrote:Hai Suanj,
Again thanks for answering

By the way where do you live?

This is what I got so far, maybe you see something to help me?

Antonio Lafranca sposato con Maddaleno Dalessi
il loro figlio: Guiseppe Lafranca nato 03-07-1829 Cavergno,sposato 10-02-1856 Cavergno con Maddalena Dado
il loro figlio: Paolo Severino Lafranca nato 14-10-1873 Cavergno, morto 20-09-1912 Roveredo,sposato 12-01-1905 Rhoon (Olanda) con Jacoba Petronella Bresser.

Rob

Hi Rob:

all info on your ancestors are in Switzerland

perhaps this Stefano Lafranca person living in Cavergno can help you lafrancas@post.ch
tel. 078/712.18.18 prefix of Switzerland

I think can help you!
Also you can write To Cavergno Common for request "Atto di origine (perhaps in this certificate you can know family origin) and/or Libretto di Famiglia" I think that in this certificate are many info.. http://www.ti.ch/can/comuni/pagine/stat ... e=Cavergno

Municipio Cavergno
6690 Cavergno (Ticino Italiano)
Svizzera
fax 091 754 32 23 prefix of Switzerland
I know not what serch exactly you, but I can help you for italian txt letter..many regards, suanj

rvdb

Postby rvdb » 13 Sep 2004, 15:59

Thank you Suanj.
I will try

Rob

Merav

Postby Merav » 30 Apr 2006, 02:49

I'm a La Franca originating from Partinico. The original La Francas were Jews but most now have converted or married out.

Dalessi

Postby Dalessi » 09 Nov 2008, 18:19

rvdb wrote:Who can help to find the ancestors of the family Lafranca from Cavergno (Switserland). I think it's a family coming from Italy.

Who can help?

Rob van den Berge
Holland

Hoi Rob,

De overgrootvader van mijn man, heette Giovanni Dalessi en is samen met een F. Lafranca vanuit Cavergno in Zwitserland naar Rotterdam gekomen om in de Oranjeboomstraat een schoorsteenvegersbedrijfje te beginnen.
Ik weet niet of je toevallig ook op Hyves zit maar anders zou je de Dalessi Hyves pagina eens moeten bezoeken en dan kijken bij wie = wie dan lees je er wat over en zie je ook een oude foto van heel vroeger.
Ik zou je ook misschien via via in contact kunnen brengen met iemand die een achterkleinzoon is van die Lafranca uit Cavergno.

groetjes,

Nicolet Dalessi

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 09 Nov 2008, 22:34

Addendum: LA FRANCA is a surname listed in the Italiansurname dictionary as a variant of the base surname FRANCHI and La franca is Sicilian whose base name comes from the intermediary FRANCO (female FRANCA) already common in the 9th century in the latin spelling Francus and Franculus. Just wanted to add this information to the mix as it were. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”