Napoli family in brooklyn NY from southern Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Napoli family in brooklyn NY from southern Italy

Postby franknaps » 19 May 2011, 05:59

All moved in early 1900's. I am looking for any relatives. My name is Frank Napoli from NJ

Re: Napoli family in brooklyn NY from southern Italy

Postby johnnyonthespot » 19 May 2011, 14:11

Hi, Frank.

As you can see from these maps, the Napoli surname is extremely common both in Italy and in the US (especially NY, NJ, PA, and CA):

In order to locate actual relatives, your best bet would probably be to begin at the beginning, locating as many US censuses as possible (1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940 to be released to the public next year) in order to learn the names of the children who were born to your immigrant ancestors. Next step, of course, being to try to track down those children and their children.

It can be done, however it will not be easy. At the very least, when posting in a forum such as this, you should include your ancestors' full names and (at least) year and place of birth. This information might provide a clue to other Napoli's reading the thread and allow them to match up with their own ancestors.

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”