Quenqua Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
quenqua17

Quenqua Family

Post by quenqua17 »

My last name is Quenqua. I did a google search to find out more about my last name, and a member from this site mentioned that someone in his/her family traveled with (and was perhaps married to) a man named Alberto Quenqua. I'd be interested to know more about my last name since it's so unusual.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Quenqua Family

Post by ptimber »

There is only one person in all of Italy with that surname He resides in Villafranca di Verona, Province of Verona. If you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert QUEBNQUA in the first line and Villafranca di Verona in the Third line and then click CERCA his name,address and telephone number will appear. You can either write to him or telephone him. English is the second language and he may understand you if you either write or speak simply in english. If not and you wish to send an appropriate letter in Italian go to www.freetranslation.com for free assistance in forming a letter or if you wish to obtain a form letter to a potential relative please let me know. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Sorry for the typo on the surname Quenqua. By the way just what would you like to achieve in researching your name seeing that there is only one person in Italy with that surname and about 10 in the USA. Maybe I can assist you again. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

quenqua17 wrote:My last name is Quenqua. I did a google search to find out more about my last name, and a member from this site mentioned that someone in his/her family traveled with (and was perhaps married to) a man named Alberto Quenqua. I'd be interested to know more about my last name since it's so unusual.
Hi, Quenqua surname sure have very ancient presence in Italy south, around 1670 year but from spanish people in Italy .. this surname in origin was Cuenga and was transformed Quenqua in italian language
http://www.laprovinciakr.it/quartierispagnoli.htm
... are some (around 10 family)Quenqua persons currently in Trapani:

http://sicilia.indettaglio.it/ita/cogno ... uen&Modo=P

About Alberto Quenqua coming from Trapani(Sicily and also many Quenqua persons emigrated in Tunis-Africa, but always coming from Trapani) sure emigrated before 1910, why are this record about an brother in law:

SS Liguria - Departing Palermo, Sicily, Italy
18 September 1910
Arriving at Port of New Orleans
7 October 1910

Barrovecchio, Luigi; 30 years; Male; Married; Tailor; Able to
read and write; Citizen and Race: Italy, South; Last residence:
La., N. Orleans; Nearest relative: wife LaPica, Giovanna, Via
Carolona, N 8, Trapani; Destination: La., New Orleans; Has a
ticket; Passage paid by: Self; In possession of: $75.00; In U.S.
1908/1910 no city entered; Joining: brother-in-law Alberto
Quenqua,
G???? 713; Never in prison, almshouse, institution, or
supported by charity; Not a Polygamist or Anarchist; Not coming
by reason of column 22; Health: Good; Height: 5 feet ? inches;
Complexion: Dark; Hair and Eyes: Chestnut; No identifying mark;
Place of birth: Trapani, Trapani

If you know max aproximative birthyear of Alberto, you can request to Trapani, office "Servizi Demografici" servizi.demografici@comune.trapani.it
for know all info about Alberto.. regards, suanj
lochery

Post by lochery »

suanj wrote:
quenqua17 wrote:My last name is Quenqua. I did a google search to find out more about my last name, and a member from this site mentioned that someone in his/her family traveled with (and was perhaps married to) a man named Alberto Quenqua. I'd be interested to know more about my last name since it's so unusual.
Hi, Quenqua surname sure have very ancient presence in Italy south, around 1670 year but from spanish people in Italy .. this surname in origin was Cuenga and was transformed Quenqua in italian language

About Alberto Quenqua coming from Trapani(Sicily and also many Quenqua persons emigrated in Tunis-Africa, but always coming from Trapani) sure emigrated before 1910, why are this record about an brother in law:

18 September 1910
7 October 1910

Quenqua,

If you know max aproximative birthyear of Alberto, you can request to Trapani, office "Servizi Demografici" servizi.demografici@comune.trapani.it
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

lochery wrote:
suanj wrote:

18 September 1910
7 October 1910

Quenqua,

:?: suanj
lochery

Re: Quenqua Family and Arceri Family

Post by lochery »

The person I am looking for is Carmeli Arceri, age 30, traveling with her son, Giorlano, age 2. The ship record says Carmeli is married and traveling with Alberto Quenqua, age 21. (I doubt that they were really married.) This 2 year old child is my husband's great grandfather, who first appears in the 1910 census as James O'Chery, married to Katie Tobler. For some reason, Carmeli never told her son who his father was. If Alberto had been his father, his last name would have been Quenqua, but it was not. I do not know how I can ever find this information. They came over on the S. S. Sidonian August 18, 1886 from Palermo to New York. The ship record is easy to find, but Carmeli's last name is not easy to read. Her last name was written ARCERI. We do not know how she and Alberto got together to come to America. More than anything else, I would like information on the name Arceri in Italy. Carmeli never told her family ANY information. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice! Thank you!!!

Linda
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

lochery wrote:The person I am looking for is Carmeli Arceri, age 30, traveling with her son, Giorlano, age 2. The ship record says Carmeli is married and traveling with Alberto Quenqua, age 21. (I doubt that they were really married.) This 2 year old child is my husband's great grandfather, who first appears in the 1910 census as James O'Chery, married to Katie Tobler. For some reason, Carmeli never told her son who his father was. If Alberto had been his father, his last name would have been Quenqua, but it was not. I do not know how I can ever find this information. They came over on the S. S. Sidonian August 18, 1886 from Palermo to New York. The ship record is easy to find, but Carmeli's last name is not easy to read. Her last name was written ARCERI. We do not know how she and Alberto got together to come to America. More than anything else, I would like information on the name Arceri in Italy. Carmeli never told her family ANY information. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice! Thank you!!!

Linda
Hi Linda, thank you for explanation.. Sure Quenqua surname coming from Trapani/Sicily... also Arceri surname was present in Trapani and in all Sicily.. please send me the ship's manifest of CARMELA ARCERI and son Giuliano or Giordano spelling, I want read for understanding... the year of emigration??? Moreover: In Trapani birth registries 1824/1878(only partial trascription in database)and marriage's act 1820/1893 (ditto), I found only this Arceri marriages (French language) :
Act nr of d/m/y between surname/first name _and_
Acte n° du 04/06/1809 entre ARCERI Vincenzo __et__ ALFANO Anna Maria
Acte n° du 23/02/1846 entre SCHIFANO Isidoro __et__ ANGILERI Giuseppa
Acte n° du 27/11/1848 entre ARCERI Antonino __et__ SCHIFANO Carmela
More in 1867 marriages:

ARCERI Gaspare avec LUBRANO Maria le : 28 Décembre 1867 - Acte 187
ALI Biaggio avec ARCERI Luigia le : 21 Juillet 1867 - Acte 116
FIORINO Nunzio avec ARCERI Maria le : 19 Février 1867 - Acte 42

in 1875:
ARCERI Giuseppe avec BAZZITTA Antonina le : 00 1875 - Acte 27
ARCERI Salvatore avec CERNIGLIARO Francesca le : 00 1875 - Acte 133

This info means that was Arceri surname present in Trapani sure...

More, Giuliano/Giordano son: and surname was Arceri or Quenqua?? sure born 1883/1884 .. send me the ship's manifest of Carmela and Giuliano/Giordano please..if I can, I help you..
regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

About Luigi Barrovecchio brother in law of Alberto Quenqua, are also another record.. very interesting for to understood family's connections.. is same person ..
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0780080124&

-------suanj
missy322
Rookie
Rookie

Post by missy322 »

I have a question re. Alberto Quenqua(i) he married Carmela Arceri in Trapani, Sicily 7/15/1886 and then they came to Louisiana the following month. Between 1900-1910 they got a divorce. Would they have filed divorce papers in Trapani or in Louisiana.

Thank you,

Melissa
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Melissa in Louisiana for sure because in Italy the divorce is right only recently... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
missy322
Rookie
Rookie

Post by missy322 »

You are terrific Suanj!!!!! What would we do without you!!!!

Thanks for the information.

Melissa =-)
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Melissa,

Here is a site that may help find the divorce record. Unfortunately, you have to pay to view results.

http://www.civilrecords.org/index.php?id=10&xpath=index
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
sierraquebec

Post by sierraquebec »

Hi!
my name is Sergio Quenqua, I am from Trapani, but I am currenntly living in Verona since 3 years;
I am very happy to know people with my same origin!
Sorry foer the english;
my email address is s.quenqua@alice.it
I have tried to answer to your message last year but without any reply from you;
I hope to hear from you.
I have also other info on my family and we can discuss about.

Ciao
Sergio
sierraquebec

Post by sierraquebec »

lochery wrote:The person I am looking for is Carmeli Arceri, age 30, traveling with her son, Giorlano, age 2. The ship record says Carmeli is married and traveling with Alberto Quenqua, age 21. (I doubt that they were really married.) This 2 year old child is my husband's great grandfather, who first appears in the 1910 census as James O'Chery, married to Katie Tobler. For some reason, Carmeli never told her son who his father was. If Alberto had been his father, his last name would have been Quenqua, but it was not. I do not know how I can ever find this information. They came over on the S. S. Sidonian August 18, 1886 from Palermo to New York. The ship record is easy to find, but Carmeli's last name is not easy to read. Her last name was written ARCERI. We do not know how she and Alberto got together to come to America. More than anything else, I would like information on the name Arceri in Italy. Carmeli never told her family ANY information. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice! Thank you!!!

Linda
hello,
my name is Sergio Quenqua, I will ask information on Carmela Arceri and Alberto Quenqua ; Arceri is very popular surname in Trapani ; unfortunately my father is gone 8 years ago and his brother last year, and so my seeking will be hard; there are only few Quenqua in Trapani ; anyway I will try.
I will spend the first week of september in trapani , so I will write to you when I will be back in Verona.
Ciao
Sergio Q