Mingori

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
57 posts • Page 2 of 41, 2, 3, 4

Re: Mingori

Postby suanj » 20 Sep 2004, 04:34

sumner wrote:Joyce ...

I e-mailed the asreggio@tin.it address several times over the past few days. But each time it failed to go through. Is there perhaps another e-mail address that I might try? I'm really anxious to try this again.

- Randy

Hi Randy, newly, send to this mailto: asredir@tin.it
is private mailto of Archive's Director (Gino Badini name) or an fax:
+ 39 0522 454610
suanj
PS: an member call me "Joyce" why in other topic I mentioned Joyce..!(James Joyce author)... but my name is Raffaella
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby sumner » 20 Sep 2004, 04:45

Grazie Raffaella. Sorry for the mixup on the name.

I have sent the e-mail to Gino Badini. I'll post his reply as soon as it arrives.

Thanks again,
Sumner
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Postby sumner » 20 Sep 2004, 05:49

Unfortunately the mail-to for Gino failed to work as well. If you have any more suggestions I would be happy to give them a try.

- Randy
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Postby suanj » 20 Sep 2004, 09:03

sumner wrote:Unfortunately the mail-to for Gino failed to work as well. If you have any more suggestions I would be happy to give them a try.

- Randy

Hi Randy, the mailto is just, please read here http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... +EMILIA%22
hoping you have success sending an fax or an normal letter to this address
ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI REGGIO EMILIA

Corso Cairoli 6
42100 Reggio Emilia (RE)
Italia
--------suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby sumner » 20 Sep 2004, 19:24

Perhaps their servers are down. My e-mail posts are being returned not for the usual "No Known Address". But because "Delivery Timed Out".

I think I'll try mailing the request. If I am going to include currency, is it appropriate for me to send US dollars? Is about $5 American considered adequate?

- Randy
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Postby suanj » 20 Sep 2004, 19:28

sumner wrote:Perhaps their servers are down. My e-mail posts are being returned not for the usual "No Known Address". But because "Delivery Timed Out".

I think I'll try mailing the request. If I am going to include currency, is it appropriate for me to send US dollars? Is about $5 American considered adequate?

- Randy

Hi Randy, you attend the reply of Archive, and sure they inform you of expenses, around 3/ 5 euro max.. after you in new letter include just sum request and send ..
bye, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby sumner » 21 Sep 2004, 06:13

I received a copy of the record from Boretto in the mail today. And it included a couple of surprises. First, it showed Francesco's birthdate on 11 April 1881 instead of the 12 April 1881 that was listed on most of his American records.

The other surprise came in the name listed for Francesco's mother. It lised Antonia Dosi. Every indication that I had in American census records was that his mother's name was Mary or Maria. Francesco's father Giovanni was married to a Mary in 1895 records and Francesco listed a Mary Mingori as his mother on a 1920 Federal Census listing for his household. That would suggest a couple of possibilities. Either Antonia chose to be called Mary or Antonia either died or divorced Giovanni sometime between 1886 and 1895.

I have continued to try the e-mail address for Reggio Emila with no success. So I'll be sending a letter as soon as possible.

Grazie,
Randy
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Postby suanj » 21 Sep 2004, 07:27

sumner wrote:I received a copy of the record from Boretto in the mail today. And it included a couple of surprises. First, it showed Francesco's birthdate on 11 April 1881 instead of the 12 April 1881 that was listed on most of his American records.

The other surprise came in the name listed for Francesco's mother. It lised Antonia Dosi. Every indication that I had in American census records was that his mother's name was Mary or Maria. Francesco's father Giovanni was married to a Mary in 1895 records and Francesco listed a Mary Mingori as his mother on a 1920 Federal Census listing for his household. That would suggest a couple of possibilities. Either Antonia chose to be called Mary or Antonia either died or divorced Giovanni sometime between 1886 and 1895.

I have continued to try the e-mail address for Reggio Emila with no success. So I'll be sending a letter as soon as possible.

Grazie,
Randy

Hi Randy, I understood.. perhaps Antonia Dosi died after birth of Francesco, why are not record for Antonia Dosi emigrated, but in same travel of Francesco/Romilda/Giovanni, are some Dosi record, but not on Antonia(only: Cecilia Dosi age 40 female, Celeste Dosi age 41 male, Roberto Dosi age 8, Annibale Dosi age 6) ... I think Giovanni married newly in Italy...why in the past in Italy not possible the divorce...

about census 1895:

John Mingori 60 Mahaska city
Mary Mingori 54 Mahaska city
Ronie Mingori 16 Mahaska city
Frank Mingori 13 Mahaska city
this census are just sure ......

more: are possible to descover in USA the maiden name of Mary?for example on marriage certificate of Francesco? please let me know some your suggestion, many regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby sumner » 15 Oct 2004, 23:20

Raffaella - If you are still out there I could use some more help.

After nearly a month, I finally received a reply by air mail from Archivo Di Stato di Reggio Emilia. Here is their reply:

OGGETTO: Atto di nascita di Mingori Francesco.

Si trasmette, per competenza, copia dell richiesta inerente l'oggetto del Sig. Randy Sumner.

Distinti saluti.

IL DIRETTORE
(Dott. Gino Badini)

Does this mean the record is being sent separately? If not, then what does it mean? I'm am extremely curious.
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Postby suanj » 16 Oct 2004, 04:27

sumner wrote:Raffaella - If you are still out there I could use some more help.

After nearly a month, I finally received a reply by air mail from Archivo Di Stato di Reggio Emilia. Here is their reply:

OGGETTO: Atto di nascita di Mingori Francesco.

Si trasmette, per competenza, copia dell richiesta inerente l'oggetto del Sig. Randy Sumner.

Distinti saluti.

IL DIRETTORE
(Dott. Gino Badini)

Does this mean the record is being sent separately? If not, then what does it mean? I'm am extremely curious.

Hi Randy: finally!!!
The Archive send you for normal mail an letter with the copy of original birth registry about Mingori Francesco...between some days you will receive !!
Many regards, Raffaella
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby sumner » 16 Oct 2004, 04:51

Thank you for the confirmation, Raffaella. I will post whatever information is on the birth certificate when it arrives.

- Randy
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Postby sumner » 22 Oct 2004, 03:14

Raffaella:

Today Francesco's birth certificate finally arrived by mail. But not from Reggio Emilia archives, but from the Comune di Boretto official who sent me my original comune birth record. That was a little surprising but perhaps that is how they operate in Reggio Emilia.

Here's the letter that accomopanied the birth certificate:

Oggetto: MINGORI Francesco - 11/04/1881 Boretto

In allegato si trasmette copia integrale atto di nascita del nominato in oggetto del quale l'ufficio scrivente aveva, in data 15/09/2004 (come da fotocopia allegata) provveduto all'invio dell'estratto per riassunto.

Rimanendo a disposizione, con osservanza.

Monica Ciapparelli
L'ufficiale di stato civile

And then here is the actual birth certificate. Much of it is in beautiful cursive handwriting which I will show in italics. But some of it is tough to read. But I'll do my best to transcribe it.

Numero 38
Mingori Francesco
@ Giovanni

ATTI DI NASCITA.

L'anno milleottocentottant uno, addi undici di Aprile, a ore po meridiane inque e minuti nessuno, nella Casa Comunale.

Avanti di me Tanizio Car. Luigi, Terito Geometra, Asses sore anriano, in mancanza del Sindaro Uffiziale dello State Civile del Comune di Boretto, e comparso Mingori Giovanni fu Carlo, di anni quarantafic, Segantino domiciliato in questo Comune, il quale mi ha dichiarato che alle ore anti meridiane sece minuti nessuno, del di undici del corrento mese, nella casa posta in via per Brescello al numero sei cento veirt otto, Da sua maglie Dosi Antonia fu Francesco, di anni trento none, Casalinga, seco lui convivento e nato un bambino di sesso maschile che egl mi presenta, e a cui dai nomidi Francesco, Alberto, Sante.

A quanto sopra e a questo atto sono stati presenti quali testimoni Alberici Giovanni, di anni inquantotta, Sagrito, Saliani Luigi, di anni Uentotto, Teotocolbita, entrambi residenti in questo Comune. Letto il presente atto agl intervenuti, loba uceco sottoseritto il solo testinconco Soliani afseitifi gli altri analfabeti =

Salinni Luigi testimonio
Paulffy
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Postby suanj » 22 Oct 2004, 06:34

Hi Randy:
Numero 38
Number 38(38number act)Mingori Francesco
@ Giovanni
Mingori Francesco son of Giovanni

ATTI DI NASCITA.
birthact

L'anno milleottocentottant uno, addi undici di Aprile, a ore po meridiane inque e minuti nessuno, nella Casa Comunale.
year 1881, day 11 of April, to hours P.M. five and minutes nobody, in city hall

Avanti di me Tanizio Car. Luigi, Terito Geometra, Asses sore anriano, in mancanza del Sindaro Uffiziale dello State Civile del Comune di Boretto,

In my presence Tanizio Carlo Luigi, Perito Geometra (profession), member of city hall, in absence of official Major of Stato Civile(common office) of Boretto Common

e comparso Mingori Giovanni fu Carlo, di anni quarantafic, Segantino domiciliato in questo Comune,

it has been introduced Mingori Giovanni son of Carlo died, of age 46, segantino(?) perhaps "contadino=farmer, resident in this Common

il quale mi ha dichiarato che alle ore anti meridiane sece minuti nessuno, del di undici del corrento mese,

that declared that to hours A.M. 6.00 and minutes nobody of day 11 month current

nella casa posta in via per Brescello al numero sei cento veirt otto,
in house in street for Brescello Common to number 628

Da sua maglie Dosi Antonia fu Francesco, di anni trento none, Casalinga, seco lui convivento
from its wife Dosi Antonia daughter of Francesco died of age 39 housewoman (profession) and inhabitant with he

e nato un bambino di sesso maschile che egl mi presenta, e a cui dai nomidi Francesco, Alberto, Sante.
is born an child of male gender that he it introduces to me, and he call with first names Francesco(first name), Alberto(2° name), Sante(3° name)

A quanto sopra e a questo atto sono stati presenti quali testimoni Alberici Giovanni, di anni inquantotta, Sagrito, Saliani Luigi, di anni Uentotto, Teotocolbita, entrambi residenti in questo Comune.

To this and to this act are present for witnesses Alberici Giovanni age 58, Sagrito(?profession mispelling), and Saliani Luigi age 28 Teatocolbita(? profession mispelling) also resident in this Common

Letto il presente atto agl intervenuti, loba uceco sottoseritto il solo testinconco Soliani afseitifi gli altri analfabeti =
Read this act to present persons, this act are signed only from witnesses Saliani Luigi why other persons are illiterates

Salinni Luigi testimonio
(signature) Saliani Luigi witnesses
Paulffy (? mistaken)

:wink: Raffaella
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby sumner » 22 Oct 2004, 07:30

Thank you very much, Raffaella. I am sure I misspelled a few of the words in the document. It is difficult to read the handwriting.

I have to admit there were quite a few surprises. I had been under the impression from his American death certificate that his middle initial was C. But that record also inaccurately reported his birthday by one day.

It was also exciting to learn the names of both of Francesco's grandfathers.

Now perhaps we are prepared to start checking the church records. I am anxious to hear your suggestions of what we can request.
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Postby suanj » 22 Oct 2004, 19:04

sumner wrote:Thank you very much, Raffaella. I am sure I misspelled a few of the words in the document. It is difficult to read the handwriting.

I have to admit there were quite a few surprises. I had been under the impression from his American death certificate that his middle initial was C. But that record also inaccurately reported his birthday by one day.

It was also exciting to learn the names of both of Francesco's grandfathers.

Now perhaps we are prepared to start checking the church records. I am anxious to hear your suggestions of what we can request.

Hi Randy: in the church are possible to search bactism act and marriage act; marriage act also in Common... of which information you have need?
:wink: Raffaella
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PreviousNext

57 posts • Page 2 of 41, 2, 3, 4

Return to Italian Genealogy