Raiano and Bottini Family of Alife Caserta Italy research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Raiano and Bottini Family of Alife Caserta Italy research

Postby FnGal2No » 02 Jun 2011, 21:49

I have done extensive research on Ancestry.com that includes the civil birth records of my Great Grandmother Tommasina Raiano (was Rajano)-DOB 1891 and her siblings Michele Alfonso-DOB 1888, Maria Louise-DOB 1881 and Lucantonio-DOB 1875. Only 3 of them moved to the US and lived in Utica, NY. I have all their census information and etc.

When I found Lucantonio's civil records it was noted on there his date of death and the city of Alife-1956. So I am thinking he may be buried there with other family members.

Their parents were Andrea Raiano (Rajano) and Teresa Macchiarelli of Alife.

When working on the Bottini side of my family it ends with my Great Grandfather Raffaele-DOB 1894 of Alife, who married Tommasina Raiano (Rajano). His parents were Silvesto Bottini and Rosa Fragola of Alife.

How do I find their parent's information and their parents and so on? Do I need to hire a researcher that can access the records in Alife?

I will be visiting Italy for the first time ever at the end of this month! I am planning a trip to Alife in hopes to find more information.

I look forward to your response.

T Bottini US
Tammy in the USA

Re: Raiano and Bottini Family of Alife Caserta Italy researc

Postby dragoni » 03 Jun 2011, 04:11

i have researched alife records for the raiano (a cousin of mine who lives in western pa.) family and can share with you what i have found. send me an email at tommasopacelli@gmail.com.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”