Statewide search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Statewide search

Postby rancelli » 06 Jun 2011, 22:07

I had no luck in finding any birth records for my great grandmother Margherita Marcigliano in Caserta. I'm also still trying to find records of my great grandfather Luigi Buccelli who was from Abruzzi. Are there addresses that I can send my request for birth certificates in Campania and Abruzzi that will do a statewide search? I'm even thinking about taking the route of hiring a professional, but I don't want to get scammed. Can you recommend someone from Italy that might be able to help me in these regions?

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Statewide search

Postby johnnyonthespot » 06 Jun 2011, 23:13

Unfortunately, no (to the statewide search).

Are you confident of the Caserta area as being the place of birth? If so, looking at the current Italian telephone listings (http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi?ts=103&qs=Marcigliano&iq=001921683877021934000312&btt=1&om=0&be=20&l=en), the only Marcigliano in all of Caserta province is located in Comune di Sessa Aurunca.

Worth a shot, don't you think?

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Sessa Aurunca
Corso Lucilio 1
81037 Sessa Arunca CE
ITALY

Web site: http://sessaaurunca.asmenet.it/
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

rancelli
Elite
Elite

Postby rancelli » 07 Jun 2011, 01:37

thanks johnny i will definitely try this town! i may find something this time around. the last time i sent the request, i didn't have the birth date. with the help of a death certificate that i ordered, i have her birth date and her father's name. the mother was listed as unknown. so i'm going to try caserta one more time and this other commune that you listed. thank you :)

Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Bette » 07 Jun 2011, 04:35

On the Ellis Island Web site, did you happen to see the Margherita Marcigliano who arrived at the Port of New York on May 7, 1909? At age 17 she was traveling with her sister Anna to join their brother Domenico at 71 Mulberry St. NYC. This Margherita was born in Polla, Salerno, Campania, according to the manifest. Her mother is shown as Caterina Morrone, living in Polla. Since names run in families, I thought this might be of interest to you.
Bette

rancelli
Elite
Elite

Postby rancelli » 07 Jun 2011, 07:12

Bette wrote:On the Ellis Island Web site, did you happen to see the Margherita Marcigliano who arrived at the Port of New York on May 7, 1909? At age 17 she was traveling with her sister Anna to join their brother Domenico at 71 Mulberry St. NYC. This Margherita was born in Polla, Salerno, Campania, according to the manifest. Her mother is shown as Caterina Morrone, living in Polla. Since names run in families, I thought this might be of interest to you.
Bette

hi bette...no i don't think that would have been her because my great grandmother was born in 1866. she would have been much older than 17 at the time. someone on here found records of my great grandmother coming over back in 1892. at least i think this would have been her. the age was off by just 3 years...the woman on the manifest was 22 in 1892, but the correct age should have been 25. probably just a human error. anyways when i went to that manifest the name was indexed all wrong. it was listed as "mayhenta marchigano". if you look at the name very close you can clearly see "margherita marcigliano". plus the little girl that came over with her was a buccelle. my great grandfather's surname was buccelli. what makes my search so difficult is that this little girl probably died between 1893-1896. that's my theory because in 1897 my great grandparents had a daughter josephine which is giuseppa in italian?? there's no way of finding out for sure if they in fact did have a daughter giuseppa from italy because she was never brought up. i was also told they may have had other children who died in a fire. if that's true then giuseppa and her parents were probably the only survivor's. i can't find any records of this event at the local library or the newspapers in pennsylvania. my guess is that this probably happened in italy. i wish there was a way of searching old italian newspapers online :(

Return to “Italian Genealogy”