*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Rotolo - Alia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
16 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Rotolo - Alia

Postby rrotolo » 07 Jun 2011, 05:27

researching family line
Pasquale Rotolo
Son of Salvatore Rotolo & Francesca Vivirito
Son of Pasquale Rotolo & Filipa Martino
Son of Ignazio Rotolo & Salvadora Miceli
Son of Pasquale Rotolo & Giacoma Cardinale

All records from Alia, Italy but would like to uncover more information.

I am 8th generation and live in Louisiana, USA. Any information would be appreciated.
rrotolo
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Jun 2011, 05:18

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby adelfio » 07 Jun 2011, 14:40

Welcome to the website can you add a little more info like some birthdates and any other info you can give..........

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
 
Posts: 3809
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Jun 2011, 23:36

rrotolo wrote:researching family line
Pasquale Rotolo
Son of Salvatore Rotolo & Francesca Vivirito
Son of Pasquale Rotolo & Filipa Martino
Son of Ignazio Rotolo & Salvadora Miceli
Son of Pasquale Rotolo & Giacoma Cardinale

All records from Alia, Italy but would like to uncover more information.

I am 8th generation and live in Louisiana, USA. Any information would be appreciated.



Are you saying that you already have all the records from Alia for 8 generations?

What information are you looking for?

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 8377
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby rrotolo » 08 Jun 2011, 00:50

I have records of these generations but would like locate actual documents if possible, and to see if anyone is researching this same line w/ possible documents. I would also like to locate ancestors still living in Alia based on this lineage and connect for future trip. Would like share information!
rrotolo
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Jun 2011, 05:18

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby rrotolo » 08 Jun 2011, 01:10

Sure.
I would like to share information and discover new information on this lineage. I have some records from familyseacrh.org - mostly births,christening & death. Would also like to connect with possible relatives in Alia as I am planning a trip to research further.

I am the grandson of:

Dominick Rotolo b.01JAN1901 Louisiana d 15JAN1988 LA

Son of Pasquale Rotolo b.1856,Alia d. ? LA
& Nunzio Leta Zito b.26JUNE1867,Alia d. 13SEP1950 California

Son of Salvatore Rotolo b.1821,Alia & Francesca Vivirito b 07APR1823
Son of Pasquale Rotolo b.1783 d.22MAR1837 & Filipa Martino
Son of Ignazio Rotolo b. 1763 d.22FEB1823 & Salvadora Miceli
Son of Pasquale Rotolo & Giacoma Cardinale
rrotolo
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Jun 2011, 05:18

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby Tessa78 » 08 Jun 2011, 01:21

rrotolo wrote:I have records of these generations but would like locate actual documents if possible, and to see if anyone is researching this same line w/ possible documents. I would also like to locate ancestors still living in Alia based on this lineage and connect for future trip. Would like share information!


There are currently 2 listings in Alia with the name Rotolo in the Italian Phone Book...
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... lo&dv=Alia

Help with letters to potential relatives...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html

To request documents from the Civil Registration office in Alia...
Write, in Italian to:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via R. Elena, 1
90021 Alia (PA)
ITALY


Help with letters of request in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 8377
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby jrotolo » 23 Jul 2011, 19:43

I am looking for similar information. I also live in Louisiana with family from Alia with the surname of Rotolo.

My family entered the US in 1898 and moved to Louisiana- Marino Rotolo on the Trojan Prince sailed from Palermo.
jrotolo
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Jul 2011, 19:34

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby mrotolo1943 » 19 Mar 2012, 01:50

My grandfather, Mariano (Marino) Rotolo landed at Ellis Island on Sept. 6, 1898. He left his home town of Alia. He made the trip over with his wife (?) and a one year old child. For some reason his wife used her madian name. He followed his brother over. His Brother was in PA, I think. My grandfather made it to Napoleonville, LA, where he had relatives. The baby was lost on the trip sadly. I still reside in Napoleonville. I was named after my grandfather, Marino M. Rotolo. Would love to find
mrotolo1943
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 01:33

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby Tessa78 » 21 Mar 2012, 02:32

mrotolo1943 wrote:My grandfather, Mariano (Marino) Rotolo landed at Ellis Island on Sept. 6, 1898. He left his home town of Alia. He made the trip over with his wife (?) and a one year old child. For some reason his wife used her madian name. He followed his brother over. His Brother was in PA, I think. My grandfather made it to Napoleonville, LA, where he had relatives. The baby was lost on the trip sadly. I still reside in Napoleonville. I was named after my grandfather, Marino M. Rotolo. Would love to find


Italian women kept their maiden name and so all travel documents would reflect this, and the ship manifest would as well. :-)

You never finished your sentence... "Would love to find...?"

Maybe we can help.

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 8377
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby sazzlynn » 21 Mar 2012, 22:04

I've been researching the Rotolo Family from Alia in Napoleonville, LA and can probably provide information. Do you know your grandmother's name? There are 2 Marino Rotolo families in Napoleonville in the early 1900s.
User avatar
sazzlynn
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 22 Jan 2004, 01:00

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby mrotolo1943 » 27 Mar 2012, 03:08

My grandfather's name was Marino or Mariano and grandmother was Rosalie.
mrotolo1943
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 01:33

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby sazzlynn » 27 Mar 2012, 07:56

mrotolo1943 wrote:My grandfather's name was Marino or Mariano and grandmother was Rosalie.

Our family line is from Giuseppe, Mariano's younger brother. Grandpa came to Baton Rouge from Napoleonville as a young man and the family has been here ever since.
I think I have a copy of the marriage document for Mariano and Rosalia Daura, 29 Nov, 1895, in Alia. Give me a couple of days to find it. My research was done a few years ago.
User avatar
sazzlynn
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 22 Jan 2004, 01:00

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby mrotolo1943 » 07 Apr 2012, 04:16

I too am a Rotolo in Louisiana. I was named after my grandfather, Mariano Rotolo, who landed at Elis Island on Sept. 6, 1898 with his wife and 1 year old baby. He too was from Alia. After visiting his brother in PA they made the trip to Napoleonville, LA. The baby died along the trip. My father, Louis, was born here in Napoleonville in 1903. His siblings included Charles, Mary, Therisa, Josie,and Sam. I just started using this site and have found a couple connection to my family, but I really don't think we have any, you and I. Marino Rotolo
mrotolo1943
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 01:33

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby Mardi » 07 Apr 2012, 13:48

I notice your post....I have a Cosimo [Caroline] Rotolo that married a Luke Trombatore in Napoleonville, LA. I have that they had two children Rosalia and Biaggio.
According from what I have the family moved to Chicago, IL, that is were both of the children were born.
Is there any connection to my Trombatore Family?
Mardi
User avatar
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 153
Joined: 26 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Postby sazzlynn » 18 Apr 2012, 06:01

Mardi wrote:I notice your post....I have a Cosimo [Caroline] Rotolo that married a Luke Trombatore in Napoleonville, LA. I have that they had two children Rosalia and Biaggio.
According from what I have the family moved to Chicago, IL, that is were both of the children were born.
Is there any connection to my Trombatore Family?
Mardi


Hi Mardi,
Cosima Rotolo (born 13 Oct, 1905, Napoleonville) married Luke Trombatore at St Ann's Catholic Church, Napoleonville, 12 Jan 1927. She is our grandfather Vincenzo Rotolo's younger sister. They did live in Chicago and had 2 children. I believe that others of the Trombatore family also lived there.
I haven't traced the Trombatore line so can't provide you with any information on Luke's family. Her parents were Giuseppe Rotolo and Liboria Todaro from Alia.
User avatar
sazzlynn
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 22 Jan 2004, 01:00

Next

16 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: daddymuzza, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], juanminbar, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests

Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.