looking for family of Antonio Vanicelli (Penserini) - Genova

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

looking for family of Antonio Vanicelli (Penserini) - Genova

Postby katherinamarina » 12 Jun 2011, 06:10

I am an adoptive daughter of Giuseppina Vanicelli, daughter of Antonio and Catterina (maiden name - Penserini). Guiseppina was born in 1925 in the city of Genova. She moved to the United States to marry my adoptive father in the fifties. I was adopted in 1959 and only had a couple of years with her before her death. I would love to meet her family one day. Thanks for any help.

Re: looking for family of Antonio Vanicelli (Penserini) - Ge

Postby johnnyonthespot » 12 Jun 2011, 14:40

There are 10 listings in the current Italian telephone directory for Penserini's in Genova. You might try contacting some or all of them; considering Giuseppina left relatively recently (in the 1950's), I think you would stand a good chance of making a connection.

You should, of course, write in Italian. If you cannot do so, consider writing a formal letter of introduction in English and having it professionally translated, then mailing both the Italian and English versions. Include a few photos of Giuseppina if possible. For translators, I have used Gabriella Einaga (gabriella_einaga@att.net) for ths type of work; she is fast, accurate, and inexpensive.

See http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi?iq=&ver=default&font=default&btt=1&mr=10&rk=&om=&qs=Penserini&dv=genova&l=en for the telephone directory.

When writing, flip the addresses around, like this:

Sig. (for a male, "Sig.ra" for a female) John Smith
Via Borzoli, 99
16153 Genova GE

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”